Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
A Salute to Generous Landowners >

A Salute to Generous Landowners

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Salute to Generous Landowners

Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Spike

Default A Salute to Generous Landowners

I just wanted to give a general salute to all you generous landowners out there who willingly allow others to hunt your land.

I have a co-worker (who later became a good friend) who generously allows me to hunt deer on his property. He also deer hunts the property but is kind enough to allow me to hunt it at the same time despite the limited space in which to hunt. This limited space means that if I shoot a deer before he does, he is done for the session as any other deer run away. He is also kind enough to get his tractor and retrieve the deer for me so we can gut it by his house. I try to pay him back in small ways but nothing can ever make up for him giving up his shot at a deer for that particular morning or evening session in such a short hunting season. Thank you John. I'm not sure that I could or would be so generous if I had such a setup. You humble me with your generosity.

And thank you to all you landowners who inconvenience yourselves by allowing us non-property owners to hunt your land. If you are also hunting, you may be costing yourself a deer. If you are not hunting, you may be inconveniently awakened by early morning gunshots. You may also have the background worry of what can go wrong anytime someone is on your property. Yet you guys give generously of your yourselves and your land. I hereby salute you and hope that your kindness will be repaid in this life and the next.

Sincerely,
Dennis
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

x2

I don't pay to hunt the land around my house. I talked to the landowner and few times and he gave me permission to hunt the land as long as I keep an eye on it and keep trespassers and doghunters off. I've maintained all of his stands and kept corn piles where he had them, but with health problems he's had he hasn't been out for about two years.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default I second that

I hunt on my own property and once a year travel 6 hrs SouthWest to hunt the Southern Tier opener .
We went abought 18 yrs ago just Knocking on doors and talking to land owners that would listen .
We offered some form of payment cash, labor or a helping hand .
Most land was and is now VERY hard to get permission to hunt on .
We had a huge parcel we hunted and the smaller parcel I now hunt regularly . We lost hnting rights on the larger land do to a divorce ,,
This gentelman hunts himself but waits unil the first week or so is over and it calms down some .
He never asks for anything and every year we usualy end up with deer and some nice bucks at that ,
I just sent him a holiday card the other day as I always do each year with a little christmas chear .
Believe me they appriciate the thought as I do to ...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

You are absolutely correct on this post. I never new how good i had it until i got older and all my buddys are driving 3 hours away to hunt public ground. We also help the farmer out and have been for years.