Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best ladder tree stand

Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default Best ladder tree stand

At 57 years old, I went whitetail hunting for the first time this year. Although I didn't get to harvest one, I did learn some lessons. I did see two does - one sprinting out of the woods and another standing broadside forty yards away. I was digging in my backpack with my slug gun behind me when I saw that one which taught me an obvious lesson.

I used a ground blind made of camo burlap and wooden dowls which flapped in the wind at times. I tried to keep scent-free. Based on my success, I've decided that next season I'll use a ladder tree stand. My question is which brands and/or models would you guys recommend as far as safety, noise, comfort and ease of setting up. I'm 6 foot and 255# and will be using a slug gun. I'm hunting a private farm with cornfields, hardwoods and a big stream running through the middle. I plan on not moving the stand until the season is over. Thanks, in advance, for your replys.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

whatever you get, I find to be most comfy, and just overall the best ladderstands, have ALL of the following;

a large platform to stand on
a flip up seat
arm rests
a shooting rail is nice, kinda let's you know where you're standing

river's edge makes a 17'XL that's pretty nice, even the regular non XL one is pretty nice.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

The most comfy ladder stand out there is a Millenium. My next choice after that would be a Big Game. I have had 4 different brands and these two stand out from the rest.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

build a wood one u can make it as confortable as u want
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I would consider getting a two person. That way you have more room for gear or to bring a kid. I don't own one yet to comment, but plan on doing just that for next year.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

ALL ladder stands terrify me. A solid box blind works for me.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know a guy close to Dothan, Al that makes a heavy duty ladder stand out of aluminum conduit, all welded. I've got 8 of his stands, you can't wear them down. Easy to move and safe. A single runs about $150 and a double runs $250. I use PVC and make a top using aluminum siding for the top. Either burlap or nylon camo wraps the whole thing in.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

I like big dog treestands. They offer a few diffrent types of stands. There double stands are real nice evan if your just hunting by yourself. It gives you alot of room. But most of my senior citizen hunting buddys say they prefer there climber. That its easier on there back.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Spike

Gorilla expedition Lounger....zero G seat. 17 feet ....the best on the market...super comfortable.....only problem is it's so comfortable you fall asleep in it.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Salukipv1...I have 2 of the Rivers Edge 17' Deluxe Ladder Stands and they are great to sit in and use with the option mentioned it makes time in the stand a lot more comfortable,safe and easy!I'm thinking they are on sale at Orschlens with 20% off which is a pretty good price on a good sturdy made stand that will give You years of use if taken care of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.