Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should I buy this bow?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Spike

Default Should I buy this bow?

Its a 2006 PSE Mach X..BRAND NEW..still in plastic. The local shop has 5 of them left.

Specifications:
Axle to Axle:33
Bow Weight:4.25
Brace Height:7.25
IBO Speed:308-312
Let Off: Infinitely adjustable valley of 65% - 80%

Features:
Mach X Riser
X1™ Cam
B.E.S.T. Grip
Mach X Limbs
Vibration Dampers
Independently Adjustable Pivoting Split Limb Pockets

I can get this bow for 250.00...if anyone else wants one I can give you the guys number. They are right handed bows. This would be my very first bow. I'm wanting something reliable, but I'm new to the bow game. I don't know a whole lot about them. Of course the shop is saying its top of the line, but they are there to make money. Know what I mean ? Any advice would be helpful..Thanks..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

I know a couple people that shoot PSE and swear by them. You really Don't have to buy Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc. to get a good bow. (and thats as unbiased as it gets as I shoot a Mathews). I would honestly say for a first bow, go for it. 250 seems like a good deal in my opinon..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot a PSE for several years. They're good bows. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. If that's all I wanted to spend, then yes, I would buy it. Used bows that age are not much less from my experience.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do they have one set up that you could shoot? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Don't buy it unless you want to own it.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Spike

I would say that is a pretty good deal. There are guys in these neck of the woods who shoot them and love then. They say they will always own a PSE. If i were you i would go in and shoot the bow make sure it is comfortable for you. If its not comfortable to you i wouldnt buy it if it was $50. Give it a try. Hope that helps
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Do they have one set up that you could shoot? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Actually the bow is left over from 2008. My bad. Yes, they have one set up that I can shoot. I'm gonna go from there. I've heard nothing but good things about it my self.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TeamWiscoUNIT61
I know a couple people that shoot PSE and swear by them. You really Don't have to buy Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc. to get a good bow. (and thats as unbiased as it gets as I shoot a Mathews). I would honestly say for a first bow, go for it. 250 seems like a good deal in my opinon..
From someone who shoots a Parker, a sincere thank you for not trying to push the "big name" brands on people. There's nothing wrong with the big boys in my opinion, I just think some make the mistake of buying the name rather than buying the best bow for them.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

If I had a spare 250 I would tell ya to pick one up for me. Very good deal in my opinion but definatly make sure it is a good fit for you first.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

When I shot competitive archery years ago (17th in nation at the nationals) I shot a PSE. I also shot a Jennings and was sponsored by Bear. PSE (at least at that time) was the best.

Pete Shepley (owner) of PSE is a dink though.

And when I shot for Bear I sat and had a nice long one on one talk with Fred Bear once. That was really neat. He always had a drink in his hand LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.