Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

24 point non-typical

Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default 24 point non-typical

Well last week i made a post saying that i had never been so excited after having a monster buck on camera. Well now ive never been this dissapointed lol. Me and my good friend are the only ones that deer hunt this land. I have been hunting it for the last 10 years and i just introduced my friend to the farmer last year. I always tell the farmer if he needs any help to let me know and i will show up. My friend was laid off all this summer so he worked for the farmer for a solid month he missed 3 days out of the whole month. He told the farmer not to pay him just let him hunt which the farmer readily agreed to. So me and him put out 3 stands cleared shooting lanes for all of them, made 2 feeder barrels and put out 3 cameras. We have been hunting pretty hard since september with not much success. Rifle opened up on last wednesday which me and him went out. I sit in the milo field and he sits over the winter wheat well he is covered in deer and i dont have a damn one around me. he ends up shooting a doe and we head back to town. well friday i couldnt make it out so he went after work and gets out of his truck and walks about a hundred yards and 5 bucks just take off. the one we have been calling Gnarles stops 25yards into his run and just looks at my buddy needless to say that was the last time he looked at anything. My buddy calls me right after he put him down and lets me know the good news. I was pretty excited for him but at the same time i was very dissapointed that it wasnt me that shot him. I was acting like a sally for a lil while but now im over it and hope to get mine before rifle closes. good thing is the farmer says he has been seeing a bigger one than this and hopefully i can get on it. rant over here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails 24 point non-typical-raylans-24-pointer.jpg  

Last edited by ksharvester; 12-06-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Definately a gnarley rack. Good luck getting yours!

-Jake
Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

lol i can see where youre coming from, but it all makes for good memories and stories! I'm sure you'll get yours soon enough and itll all be worth it
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

That is a nice deer. I would be disappointed as well. But, at least your friend got it, not some one you don't know or got hit by a car. My brother in law shot a nice buck this year that I had a chance to shoot but I didn't think it was quite as big as it was. I was disappointed but I figure if I wasn't going to get it, I would rather he got it than anyone else.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to get a little down when I was on a stand and the guy next to me killed a big one. I got over that quick because I am just happy to out in the woods and getting to see the big ones. My son loves to hunt and I am thankful for that. Congrats to you and your friend for the hard and the kill!! Good luck getting yours!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

definitely a wall hanger there congrats
Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Spike

Good news is those genes have been passed on to others on that farm.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by marshyhope
Good news is those genes have been passed on to others on that farm.
i was thinkin the same thing
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Spike

I had the same thing happen to me we were letting a guy hunt our land had he took a 12 pt wall mounter. It is just the luck of the draw. You will get yours some day put in the time and eventually it will pay off. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

That's a sweet looking rack...wall hanger in my book without a doubt! Keep up the hard work and you'll get yours!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.