Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My daughter's 1st buck

Old 12-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default My daughter's 1st buck

Firearms deer season started on Wednesday here in Kansas. On Thursday evening, I took my 12 year old daughter on her first deer hunt. We set up on a cut corn field. Although we saw deer, they were too far for a shot.

On Friday morning, I let her skip school; she has straight A's, and we went hunting again. This time we set the ground blind up at the end of a tree row that borders a wheat field and a CRP field. I had been seeing deer there fairly often. We saw a few does first thing in the morning but then nothing for the next hour.

Then two does entered the wheat to the north of us, followed by a buck which was only about 75-100 yards away. We had to switch seats in the blind and also let the buck walk to the east so my daughter could have a good shot. I was trying to ask her if the buck was in the window for her, if she could see it through the scope, and if she needed me to move the shooting stick for her. The only answer I got was the report of the rifle.

The buck ran into a low spot in the wheat field and I couldn't see it any longer. My daughter was very adamant that she had hit it so we waited about 15 minutes and then started walking over to the last place that I had seen the buck. We hadn't went far when we found him on the wheat field. My daughter made a perfect shot and had her first deer. She was pretty excited and I'm very proud of her.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Cant beat that nice going.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Good for her. I like, "the only answer I got was the report of a rifle."

Sounds like she knows what she's doin.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

thats an awsome buck...great job and great shooting. those are memories that will last a lifetime and i hope when my daughter reaches that age she wants to go hunting with me...i think she will. congrats to you both
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome story! Good to see kids being involved!!!
Also sounds like you've taught her well, especially her knowing that she hit the deer, good job!
-Jake
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

Cool story and nice buck! Congrats to the youngster and you for passing on your tradition of hunting and love of the Great Outdoors!
Live it up! Doug
Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it looks like she smoked him! Congrats to your daughter on a very nice buck! These memories made is what hunting is all about.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Spike

Congratulations, and way to go dad!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love it, congrats! Nothing like a first...for her, or you
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Spike

That's awesome! Congrats to your daughter on her first buck. I just got mine this year and I'm 34. I hope my son gets his first deer in the next few years, he's 5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.