Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Question about the Rescue One Harness >

Question about the Rescue One Harness

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about the Rescue One Harness

Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Question about the Rescue One Harness

I just ordered one and am a little confused so I got some simple questions

A. It appears in the pictures that I will need to bring along a long rope that is tied to the tree...what a pain that will be.

B. Is then the brake mechanism simply hooked to the long rope attached to the tree..

C. How hard and long does it take to set up your climber with this mechanism..?

Thanks,
c7
Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Well...I noticed the long linesman rope..extra weight and hassal I didn't need so I quickly canceled my order with Bass Pro..they were very nice..didn't charge me a penny..PLus if you order straight from the company it's 75.00 cheaper..

Now..if stuff happens..I don't go over 14 foot anyhow..I'll start keeping my buck knife closer..grab the tree and cut the harness if you have to,,you may get a broken leg but at least you won't die from lack of blood circulation

Now ..if I had my own property..if may be worth it to set up..but I put my climber up in the dark and in a new tree every weekend..too much hassle..too much money especially for someone who doesn't climb high anyways

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I just ordered one and am a little confused so I got some simple questions

A. It appears in the pictures that I will need to bring along a long rope that is tied to the tree...what a pain that will be.

B. Is then the brake mechanism simply hooked to the long rope attached to the tree..

C. How hard and long does it take to set up your climber with this mechanism..?

Thanks,
c7
Not for certain but I think the rope is built into the harness and is only deployed if you fall from the stand and can't recover. I plan to try one after Christmas. There is a pretty good video on youtube from Mr Wood demonstrating the harness.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Dominant Buck

If you look real good { And the reason I cancelled my order } there is a pre set up rope that is tight along the tree..The braking mechanism is fastened on that rope..

Too complicated.

Too much weight..

Too much money,,

I was brain storming though what I would do..First..I only hunt about 14 foot high MAX..to compensate I hunt long distance...But I keep a knife in my top pocket..I'd cut the rope and drop..instead of dieing..
Old 12-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you look real good { And the reason I cancelled my order } there is a pre set up rope that is tight along the tree..The braking mechanism is fastened on that rope..

Too complicated.

Too much weight..

Too much money,,

I was brain storming though what I would do..First..I only hunt about 14 foot high MAX..to compensate I hunt long distance...But I keep a knife in my top pocket..I'd cut the rope and drop..instead of dieing..
Watch this video on youtube. It is my understanding the descent rope and braking mechanism are contained in the back of the vest. From this video it appears the Rescue One attaches like any other harness.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuZz_lqLTU
Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll watch it..but note on all the video the rope attached to the tree..There is no way to pack 30 foot of rope in a harness...It appears to me the only thing in that harness is a breaking device..the breaking device is attached to the rope that is fastened to the tree..my eye caught that the 2nd time I watched th evideo and I quickly cancelled my order.

your right and you may be right...
It looks like it on the video as well...but do you see that thick rope on the right side of the tree? What is that for? other question ..that rope to fit in that pack { If it does must be made of a light weight nylon}

Check this one out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaDxFcx6Zc

OK After seeing it again..I apologize..you guys are correct that rope is coming from the pack..pretty darn neat..What I thought was a rope I believe is a climbing stick.

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-05-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll watch it..but note on all the video the rope attached to the tree..There is no way to pack 30 foot of rope in a harness...It appears to me the only thing in that harness is a breaking device..the breaking device is attached to the rope that is fastened to the tree..my eye caught that the 2nd time I watched th evideo and I quickly cancelled my order.

your right and you may be right...
It looks like it on the video as well...but do you see that thick rope on the right side of the tree? What is that for? other question ..that rope to fit in that pack { If it does must be made of a light weight nylon}

Check this one out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaDxFcx6Zc

OK After seeing it again..I apologize..you guys are correct that rope is coming from the pack..pretty darn neat..What I thought was a rope I believe is a climbing stick.
I think that is a climbing stick. If you go to the official Rescue One website there is a place to email questions. I emailed a question last Sunday afternoon and received a response 3 or 4 hours later from Mr Wood himself. I believe the diameter of the rope inside the harness is 8mm.

My biggest concern on this harness is the weight. It actually does not look as bulky as the HSS vest style harnesses.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

The weight bothers me..also while carrying in my climber..I 'm wondering if the rubbing of the climber would mess up the vest..I generally put it on ...looks like if ya got to tug on it the rope must be set up a certian way..I'd hate the climber to bend a crucial part..the system seems very nice..Right now I don't climb high 14 ' max..but a 14 ' drop could diffently break bones..I'm also very heavy. and need to lose some weight.

If ya got a climber you will probably need to carry the harness...another drag..
Old 12-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one, no rope needed. All the rope is in the harness. If you fall out you simply open the shoulder strap and pull on the strap to release the brake. No extra rope or setup needed. Just put it on and hunt.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by White-tail-deer
I have one, no rope needed. All the rope is in the harness. If you fall out you simply open the shoulder strap and pull on the strap to release the brake. No extra rope or setup needed. Just put it on and hunt.
How heavy is the harness? Do you find it bulky? Anything you would change about the harness if you could? Sorry for all the questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.