HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Mount opinion please , quick..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/335418-mount-opinion-please-quick.html)

TRACKER 12-01-2010 07:45 PM

Mount opinion please , quick.....

1 Attachment(s)
I dropped off my 10 pointer tonight .
I,m a little nervous using a new taxidermist .
My guy just had back sergury....:s14:
I wanted something different , at least of what I have now.
I have a semi sneak left , semi sneak right and a semi upright left .
I decided on the McKenzie 64U Semi sneak , Up , with right sweep .
Anyone have theres mounted on these ??
I just read a few post abought the heads on the skinny side ??
Will I be ok with this or should I go with another mount ??
Should I go with the Joe Meder head up off set instead ??
My deer lost a ton of weight , he dressed out at 162 but looked like a 190 to 200 lb. deer .
He is a Norther NY Deer...
I like the head up and sweep .
My 10 pointer has a lot of tine and beam length , but lacks a little in width ,, So I want more of a side veiw .
Also herd McKenzie bought most companies out ????
Pics please, Thanks...

vann338 12-01-2010 08:00 PM

I had one of my bucks mounted in head mid height , nose down fighting pose . Then the following year. Did another . My wife has them on the left and right side of the corner in the den. They look like they about to start round ten . sorry can't get my pictures to post. good luck with the mount. Congrats on the deer. nice buck

timbercruiser 12-02-2010 05:07 AM

Really the pose of the mount is an individual choice. I figure out where on the wall the mount will go and if there is a better side of the rack I want to feature. I've got 5 basic shoulder mounts, head up and one sneak. I like the sneak better than the others.
A good friend carried his son, 10, to a early hunt a couple of weeks ago and the kid shot a 255# hog of a buck. I called a good friend that is a taxidermist and he mounted the buck last week so the kid will have his buck for Christmas. A 4 week turn around.

TRACKER 12-02-2010 05:16 AM

herd the 64u had a small face ??

Well after finaly deciding at the taxidery what I wanted , I read a few articles on a couple different forums that the MCKENZIE 64 U mountt had a skinny head ??
They claim it doesnt look right mounting a Noth Country deer ??
Anyone care to chime,, :confused0024:

falconduke 12-02-2010 07:38 AM

I have a Joe Coombs 9800 wall pedestal for my PA buck and it looks phenomenal. Might be good for yours also..Its a new series from Coombs

SavageSniper78 12-02-2010 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my 3 of my mounts. I really like the lip curl, but a different taxidermists did it and not as good quality as the other 2.
Attachment 14478
Attachment 14479

sgtbowhunter 12-02-2010 12:26 PM

hey, that looks just like my swamp!!! nice buck though.

TRACKER 12-02-2010 01:12 PM

lol......

Thank,,,,,

Jake95 12-02-2010 02:19 PM

if you worried about the face being to slim, if hes a good taxidermist he'll be able to alter the form to fit the deer right. and hanging it by the neck like that isnt a good thing to do, it stretches everything out, make sure to post pics when you get it back!

TRACKER 12-02-2010 04:03 PM

will do

Going to be 4 to 6 months ,
I,m towards the tail end .
I no I was in a hurry to get some nice pics of him before gutting him .
I wanted to get him off the ground so nothing would go after him .
I had to rush back ( 5 miles ) to the house , grab a camers and my wife and take the 4 wheeler back in the woods to get some pic,s .
Only way I had to get him off the ground .
I ,m going to stay with my decition on the 6400 serties heads up mount .
Guess I tend to worry to much ..
Thanks for the comments and help..