Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger >

DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger

Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
Something I'd add to this. is the fact that guys shouldn't mess with anything they're not sure about, especially if it could become a safety issue. I can strip and clean all of my guns, but I don't think I'd feel good about modifying the trigger group on them. Personally I'd leave that to the smith.
I agree, if in doubt, find a trusted expert. My gunsmith watched 10 min of it, and he said he became so enraged, he turned it off.

The man has built probably 1000 rifles off the 700 action.

I bought a few remington triggers used and tore em apart. Got tired of paying a smith $45 to do a decent trigger job. I played with everything I could play with, and read everything I could get my hands on to adjusting. Its a great trigger.

And if I sell a gun I have adjusted, I would the buyer know, and probably setup the sear engagement to be up to 5lbs or more. Might even have some creep after I get done adjusting it back.

I can adjust one now that is dangerous. Same can be said of anything. Look at all the kids today, that leans out thier Air/fuel so much, they burn up thier cylinders. Or the home carpenter, that swears he knows electricity and puts in 5 junction boxes on the same circuit.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a link to Remington's response.

http://www.remington700.tv/#/home
Old 11-30-2010, 09:46 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Here's a link to Remington's response.

http://www.remington700.tv/#/home
I have to respect remington's response. They controlled the situation and didn't let CNBC control them.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I have to respect remington's response. They controlled the situation and didn't let CNBC control them.
Yep. I'm of the opinion that CNBC was just out to do a hatchet job on Remington. They heard of a few issues and with there being ton's of 700's out there, they probably thought it would be an easy target. I'm sure their non-hunter, non-shooter friends applauded their actions.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Old news,I have a 700 BDL 22.250 heavy barrel and had issues with it firing if the bolt was closed too hard,took it to my smithy and he took care of the problem,that was 15 or more years ago, and have had NO more issues since.
If you practice safe gun handling,theres nothing to freak out about even if you have an issue with this!! And if you do a good smithy can fix you right up!!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a new 700 SPS Buckmasters .270 Win with the X-Mark Pro adjustable trigger. It's set at 3-1/2 lbs. from the factory, is crisp and nice and doesn't need adjustment. I don't like hair triggers on hunting rifles.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a special on MSNBC that the democrats are better than the republicans.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I saw a special on MSNBC that the democrats are better than the republicans.
Yeah, I think they run that around the clock, 7 days a week.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
Yeah, I think they run that around the clock, 7 days a week.
Hmmmm Im starting to think these cable news channels have a hidden agenda
Old 11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Hmmmm Im starting to think these cable news channels have a hidden agenda
Ah c'mon, no way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.