Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger >

DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger

Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a Model 700 now for over 30 years and have never had a problem. The trigger works the same now as it did when I first bought it and has never been altered and never will as long as I own it. It's a great shooter and there's no need to modify it.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
All gunsmiths or amateurs like myself should do this on all trigger work unless its like block like on a Marlin 336 or 1895 action.

Std operation.

I don't mind you posting the warning, I just don't like CNBC trying to destroy one of the last american gun makers.

So far, I have had two friends contact me all paniced because they own remington 700's and just watched this show. And thats crazy, that TV has such sway on someone's life.

I feel like I fight the TV in every front of my life. My wife comes to me one day and demands we throw out all our plastic cups because she heard on Dr. Phil they contain BPH. Or all the sudden, she's in a panic to get our water tested because she watched a show where a family got toxic water.

The freakin boob tube should not run folks life.

I heard Remington was being made in China now but could be wrong.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
I heard Remington was being made in China now but could be wrong.

But after looking online I can see that they are made in the US still tho some of the parts may not be.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 700BDL in .280 Cal. I have had the gun since the early 90's. Jewled bolt, and some trigger work done, not much just fixed the creep. Never an issue I have tried to rack a round w/ safety off, it's fell over in the stand. I call BS, Remington 700 BDL ne of the finest bolt action rifles around. Now there are many many variations of this model. I am sure there is a cheaper made model thatmay have an issue like this. But you know buy a 400$ rifle and you get what? I always spend my money wisely in my equipment.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
I have a 700BDL in .280 Cal. I have had the gun since the early 90's. Jewled bolt, and some trigger work done, not much just fixed the creep. Never an issue I have tried to rack a round w/ safety off, it's fell over in the stand. I call BS, Remington 700 BDL ne of the finest bolt action rifles around. Now there are many many variations of this model. I am sure there is a cheaper made model thatmay have an issue like this. But you know buy a 400$ rifle and you get what? I always spend my money wisely in my equipment.
I only gave $239 for my 700 ADL in 1980 and like I stated before, NO PROBLEMS!!! It's basically the same gun with the BDL having a little fancier stock and a front sight hood if I remember correctly.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned at least 20, 721, 722, (same trigger) and 700 Rem's over the last 55 years. I have never had a trigger problem, although I have adjusted most of them for weight of pull.