Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck >

Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck

Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Spike

super buck man!! Congrats
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy cool buck.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Spike

Yea that sure is a DANDY! Also a very good story congrats!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Very, very nice buck! A wall hanger for sure, good job.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Spike

WOW! That is a really unique buck,that is one to be proud of.Congrats!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Spike

Thanks all for the comments! I weighed it today and it was 188# (after field dressing of course). Hmm an 18pt on my 18th year of hunting that weighs 188... cant wait until my 30th year!

I attached a couple more pics for the heck of it.

Originally Posted by Patrick Eubanks
Man that is a super nice Buck. Great story and congratulations. Living here in NC im somewhat jealous.
Your avatar buck looks pretty good to me
Thanks, yeah for the last 5 years I have thought that was a super buck, and it was my first nice one with the bow and arrow which makes it a bit more special. Measured though its only 17" outside spread, and body weight after field dressing was around 155 if memory serves.

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO

So, how quickly were you moving to your stand when you heard/spotted him. Do you remember how the wind was at that moment (were you upwind, downwind of him)?
I was doing a very slow walk. And stopping every 10 steps or so for maybe 30 seconds to get a good look and listen around. Not my slowest still hunt, but a 'sneaking to my treestand' type speed. I can't even remember though if I heard him while I was walking or still. And I dont recall the wind direction but being that it normally blows out of the west, we were both going perpendicular to that, I was walking north and the deer was trotting south. When it paused for a second he probably was straight downwind of me - could be related. The wind was not moving much that day though.
Attached Thumbnails Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck-640img_2239.jpg   Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck-800img_2233.jpg   Savage 220F first day & my biggest buck-800img_2235.jpg  

Last edited by ol eagle eyes; 11-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.