HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Pissed Off!!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/335228-pissed-off.html)

jwsfitter 11-29-2010 10:45 AM

Pissed Off!!!!!!!

So this morning Im sitting in my treestand and down comes a beautiful buck. I recognize him as one I have hunting all year. As he gets closer I notice half of his rack was gone. the right side is gone. All but a little nub where it used to sit beautifully on his head. At one point he was a massive 10 pointer. Now he is just a 5 and a nub. I think someone from the ORANGE ARMY got a shot on him and missed hitting only his antler. It is way too thick to have been broken off in a fight. I have been stalking this deer for since I caught him on a trail cam end of the summer. I hope he makes it to next year. I hate to see such a beautifull deer be disgraced by and IDIOT. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Trail Cam pics to some soon........I hope!

J.M.A.N. 11-29-2010 11:55 AM

good luck!

7.62NATO 11-29-2010 12:29 PM

Could be worse. The Orange Armyman could have killed the buck, giving you no chance at it. Ever.

WIbackwoodsU61 11-29-2010 12:32 PM

Yea that sucks I have seen that happen on T.V. before on about a 200" buck!

_DANNY_ 11-29-2010 12:39 PM

whats the "orange army"?

npaden 11-29-2010 01:16 PM

I wouldn't count on it being shot. I've seen numerous deer with racks broken off, some before the season even opens.

Here's one that knocked off pretty much his entire right side on my place before he was even out of velvet. His nickname is Lefty. ;)

Here's his twin brother, Righty! ;)

Both of those pictures were taken before rifle season opened in Texas.

The more mature bucks you have around, the higher the likelyhood that some of them are going to get some antler points (or their entire main beams) knocked off.

SteveBNy 11-29-2010 01:45 PM

Wow!!! Someone else saw YOUR deer and took a shot at it!!
The nerve of some hunters - what is the world coming to????

blackhawk_archery 11-29-2010 02:08 PM

I bet if you wasnt out there chasing him around and set still for a day or 2 you might have already killed the buck,there is nothing wrong with the orange army I bow and gun hunt,most of the people that you call the orange army are out there to get deer meat just because they dont bow hunt all year like you or me doesnt make them idiots.

blackhawk_archery 11-29-2010 02:10 PM

the antler could have been broken a hundred different ways,fighting,a car mirror (have seen this happen),or numerous other things.

scribbler444 11-29-2010 03:29 PM

yea I hate rifle hunting to, any idiot who can pull a trigger is in the woods. I agree with blackhawk it couldv been broken a thousand different ways, I had a massive 8 by my spot that snapped half his rack of and it seemed impossible but it does happen