Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pissed Off!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

2 years ago i had a similar experience, absolutely enormous buck for our area, good solid big bodied deer, first day of rifle season i was on stand and out he came i saw the one horn at first and usually i'm not a head hunter, i hunt for meet, but i got excited at the size and i was getting ready to squeeze when he turned his head and his other was broken off. It's just one of those things that happens, and i passed on the shot figuring if he survived another year he'd be a monster. Turns out after i passed on him someone shot him about 20 minutes later and i came to find he was a half rack six, upsetting, but still a hell of a deer.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Spike

i like orange army, i usually refer to them as the walking pumpkin patches.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

So take it anyway, it's a deer..it's meat...it's food. Less antler to chew on? So what.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Beezer
So take it anyway, it's a deer..it's meat...it's food. Less antler to chew on? So what.

x2, no matter how long you cook an antler in a crockpot it will never be as good as a backstrap, or even front shoulder for that matter.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scribbler444
yea I hate rifle hunting to, any idiot who can pull a trigger is in the woods. I agree with blackhawk it couldv been broken a thousand different ways, I had a massive 8 by my spot that snapped half his rack of and it seemed impossible but it does happen

You should not "hate" any form of hunting as long as it is legal. I know a lot of rifle hunters, myself included that hunt with rifles, blackpowder rifles, and with archery equipment depending on what season it is.

To the OP, there is no way to know for sure what happened to the buck. Someone shooting his rack off is only one possibility. Maybe he is not the dominant buck in the woods????
Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Spike

I have killed over a dozen bucks in my lifetime (I know, not many for some of you) and have yet to get one that does not have a broken rack. The deer in my area must be some fightin' fools.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should get down and kiss the gun hunters feet and thank him for keeping the population under control for you. Bow hunting does almost nothing to control the deer herd. This is why the herd stays health and you can still have big deer. My first love is bowhunting but it makes me sick everytime an elitist bashes someone else....if you shoot a crossbow or gun you are scum to some bowhunters. Grow up and see your world isnt the only one that turns.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I see nothing wrong with gun hunting. That is what I grew up doing. My family pretty much only hunts with rifles. We do not have the time to go out and hunt for 3 months. Who is to say it was a gun hunter who shot the rack? Like others have said, it could have been many other things. You are too quick to judge.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lol

"Orange Army" <-- now thats funny!

Ifn it werent fer dem bow hunters scarin all the dear away before the orange army invaded the woods... us gun hunters would be killin and not huntin! Oh wait... what am I talkin about I hunt with a bow and a gun! LOL

And I agree.. the lopsided rack could be for a multitude of reasons....
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default looking for my monster

O,h crap I forgot, I ALREADY SHOT HIM..
Attached Thumbnails Pissed Off!!!!!!!-1127101011-1-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.