Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Cell Phone Video/Pics While Hunting? >

Cell Phone Video/Pics While Hunting?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cell Phone Video/Pics While Hunting?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cell Phone Video/Pics While Hunting?

Anyone else enjoy taking crappy videos with their cell phones of game while hunting? I really need to take at least a camera with half decent video, but it's fun sending them to friends while on stand. Here's two from the weekend: http://picasaweb.google.com/Nighthun...38361976311170
Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

What state are you in? I would have shot either of those deer. You simply do NOT see deer like that in the places I hunt. Someday.....someday.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dpv
What state are you in? I would have shot either of those deer. You simply do NOT see deer like that in the places I hunt. Someday.....someday.
I'm in Southern Maryland. Not too far from you. After looking again at the buck that went under the stand, I probably should have taken him. I don't see brow tines and from what I've read, most experts believe that a deer who doesn't have brow tines will never grow them. This of coarse doesn't factor in deer under 2.5 years.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy and I do it all the time while we are hunting. Last year we were hunting on our lease and deer where moving all over the place. I instant messaged him asking if he had seen any yet. He wrote back saying no that he had distractions. After a few texts back and forth he sends me a pic with cows using the ladder of his ladder stand as a back scratcher. Funniest thing I have ever seen. They were actually in between the ladder and the tree. The next day, I sent him a pic of the same cows using my four wheeler as a licking block. We are always sending text and pics back and forth while we hunt.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Spike

We do the txt messaging. But I was looking at a camera on basspro.com that is $70 right now with decent reviews.

But yesterday I switched from the Droid to the droid X so now I can record multiple 30min of HD video, just haven't figured out how to rig it up yet. Also weather would have to be dry for the phone.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by twcw5804
We do the txt messaging. But I was looking at a camera on basspro.com that is $70 right now with decent reviews.

But yesterday I switched from the Droid to the droid X so now I can record multiple 30min of HD video, just haven't figured out how to rig it up yet. Also weather would have to be dry for the phone.
I have the Droid for work. It sucks due to the fact you can't zoom with video. I have a personal Moto Barrage that does zoom and is waterproof. That's what I used to take the videos that I linked. Guess the Droid X zooms?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

No Zoom on the Droid X. I think it would be cool to capture my first deer kill in High Definition though. I have a holster that will work just need to find something to clip it to hold it upright.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

dpv, keep trying. Saw a 11 point killed in Amelia county Saturday, big 8 point the weekend before. There are deer in Chesterfield County and surrounding counties just like those. Keep looking and hunting and you will find them. Hunt club got 14 deer, 10 bucks the second weekend of hunting.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately in KS, having your cellphone on while hunting is treated like hunting with a 2-way radio: verboden!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last week....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.