Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

my first big buck

Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Nice deer, but Hay!!! change that story!!! something like-- "You seen him 200yds out and you "Rattled" him in, Gun jammed and you had to jump on his back and stab him with your knife, that didn't work so you had to tare the jugular out with your teeth"!!!!!!! You can tell it and get away with it!!! your a hunter!!!

Just kidding, you told how it happened!, you told the truth, I'm proud of you, Congratulations!! nice deer, Doc
Old 11-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

back legs look mangled, which is my guess to why he was just sitting there.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DocD
Nice deer, but Hay!!! change that story!!! something like-- "You seen him 200yds out and you "Rattled" him in, Gun jammed and you had to jump on his back and stab him with your knife, that didn't work so you had to tare the jugular out with your teeth"!!!!!!! You can tell it and get away with it!!! your a hunter!!!

Just kidding, you told how it happened!, you told the truth, I'm proud of you, Congratulations!! nice deer, Doc
Thank you..... I'm not all about making up some crap story. I tell it how it is. Yes I hunt over there. Matter of fact I was just over there hunting the day before and saw some real nice rubs. And to be honest, I don't know where I hit him. The only hole there was in him was in the neck where I shot him to put him down. The hole in the chest is where I stuck him with my knife because he was still breathing. I didn't skin him and check him over because I took him to get cut up, and caped... I usually cut up my own deer, but I didn't want to cape it wrong. I have never got a deer worth mounting. As far as me hitting the range.... Well I was shooting woodchucks this summer with this rifle at 100 yards with no problem. So I don't know what happened, don't know if the scope got knocked out or what. 130/140 yards at a deer with my gun is a chip shot. I will be shooting it this summer to find out what happened. The buck is not all shot up. 1 hole in the neck and 1 in the chest from my knife.... Call it what you want some of you... I am proud of him, and you wont change that. There was nothing illegal about what I did... What am I going to do, turn my self in for shooting next to my house?? Its not illegal to shoot near your own home when you live out in the country. And my neighbor doesn't care either. I have spent countless amounts of hours in the woods and in my stands. I have limited hunting area, and limited as to how much I can do also with my back. I am disabled. So I guess if you don't like how I got him thats your opinion, but leave it that please. You do have to come on threads and bash people. you want more information, ask, but don't be and ass about it. Telling me my story sucks is uncalled for.... You dont like it, then let your mouse do the clicking and go on to a thread you might like. To everyone else, thank you very much, I cant wait to get him back. He will be my first mount, who knows, it might be my only one.......
Old 11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Spike

It's all good brother

To be completely honest with myself.......I would've shot it off my back porch to if I had the opportunity.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have no problem with the way you shot it. My dad shot at a huge 150+ buck at about 300 yards in the foodplot behind my house. I think he had been sitting in a chair behind my house for about 30 minutes but still we've walked out and shot 'em out in the foodplot. I betcha money if the complainers on here were to see a buck that in there eyes is a trophey they would not hesitate to grab the gun and shoot him.

As far as the missing 5 times goes... at 140 yards you were either way to shakey or bumped your scope. Pretty damn stupid deer though(:
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Master Chief
I have no problem with the way you shot it. My dad shot at a huge 150+ buck at about 300 yards in the foodplot behind my house. I think he had been sitting in a chair behind my house for about 30 minutes but still we've walked out and shot 'em out in the foodplot. I betcha money if the complainers on here were to see a buck that in there eyes is a trophey they would not hesitate to grab the gun and shoot him.

As far as the missing 5 times goes... at 140 yards you were either way to shakey or bumped your scope. Pretty damn stupid deer though(:
You can bet your bottom dollar I will be finding out this summer why I missed such an simple shot. I wasn't shaking, at least I don't think I was, lol.... I don't understand why he just walked away either. I'm sure he was hit, I just didn't see where. I have never shot a deer with this gun, so I don't know what damage it does, little hole in and scramble the inside? I don't know. The whole thing happened so fast and the bucks reactions where just weird..
Old 11-28-2010, 05:09 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Damn nice looking deer. I would happily have shot that deer under the conditions you listed. Hunting is about harvesting an animal. I killed my first decent deer this year after almost 20 years of hunting. I killed him from my kid's treehouse with a crossbow and I've had people tell me that what I did isn't hunting. I spent hundreds of hours patterning the deer. hours preparing the treehouse so I could hunt in it. Hours and hours sitting and passing on does ( because they still have yearlings following them.)

You hunt where you can. There are still some states where you are allowed to get out of your truck and shoot from the road. Is it ethical? YES because the rules for that area are set by the citizens who live there. Is it ethical in my part of the country? No, because the citizens who live here have said it violates the rules.
Congratulations on a good deer. And if you get any info from the processor on where you hit it, please PM me. I'd like to know.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

congrats on ur first buck
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Spike

Nice deer V8. Congratulations!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Good Buck! Good Story in my opinion. Kinda funny, But awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.