HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deleted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/335076-deleted.html)

jrfrmn 11-26-2010 06:50 PM

Deleted

Deletedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd d

wvnimrod 11-26-2010 07:03 PM

Good Luck!
Just the kinda point I've tried to get accross in the thread(Pissed me off)!
HUNTERS are their OWN worst enemy!!
We all have to remember that OUR actions effect us all!
I have lost the right to hunt land,because of anothers actions.The hunters that try and take over with bad mouthing and finger pointing,usually end up costing the whole group the right to enjoy the property!
GOOD LUCK.hope you can manage to keep a spot!

timbercruiser 11-27-2010 04:46 AM

That is the main reason I rarely take anybody to one of my hunting tracts. I have a LOT of land available, but if someone else is there it is because the owner lets them in. On my private land I don't carry anybody except my grandsons. I lost one of my best friends, over 35 years, due to his son taking everybody in the world to one of my favorite spots. It took putting a trail camera on the access road to finally figure out what was happening and to what extent when I was not around.

MizzouMonster 11-27-2010 05:50 AM

That's kinda the way stuff usually goes. I used to hunt on my uncles place in northern Missouri, everything was cool and I enjoyed hunting with my uncle and my cousins. Then we all got older, had family's, and as the kids grew up they started to hunt and started inviting their friends in, and everything went down hill from there. Now it seems as if it's more of a party location than hunting ground. That's just not what I'm interested in, I'm also not interested in listening to BS from a bunch of kids I hardly know, so, I just avoid it at all costs.

VAhuntr 11-27-2010 08:37 AM

Seems this sort of thing happens all too often.

oldshedhunter35 11-27-2010 08:47 AM

all it takes is 1 person to ruin it for everybody else

Michlw39 11-27-2010 10:01 AM

I think you need to address the hunter directly. Invite him out someplace public for coffee and explain why you feel the way you do.

There are two kinds of idiot hunters: 1) the clueless kind. These folks are generally good people in everyday life but they lack common sense in the woods and thus tend to step on toes. They can be "corrected" sometimes--and sometimes will thank you for it. 2) the jerks. These people know they're being a-holes and really don't care.

Have a direct conversation with this person. You'll find out soon enough if he's a #1 or #2.

Even if someone shows me a public spot I'm sensitive to it being the first choice for the person who showed me--and I surely won't bring others to it. Yet I know a couple of people that fall into the #1 category. They did some stupid things until it was pointed out that what they were doing wasn't cool...then they were like "well, that makes sense. I should have thought about that--sorry, man."

There's always a relationship dynamic with the property owner that's bound to change. I know of a guy who hunted a piece of property for 20 years. Then the property owner's daughter married a hunter and just like that my friend didn't have a place to hunt anymore.

That's life, unfortunately.

The only way to better control your situation (short of buying your own property) is leasing a piece of property for $$ and getting a written contract that specifies everything.

The freebie land is always subject to change without notice.

jrfrmn 11-27-2010 11:19 AM

Deleted

Deleted dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddd

Terasec 11-27-2010 11:59 AM

Should have kept in close contact with the landlowner,
Chat with him every so often,
Many land owners like to hear stories of what you spotted on their land.
And when times like this comes around won't lump you in with them,
Some may say alright, everybody out!
Except you, your alright you can stay.
Hunters should have a relationship with the owners.
Not just stop by and say hello when you need something

Michlw39 11-28-2010 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by jrfrmn (Post 3729756)
I have tried that. He listens to papa, get your foot in the door and then you don't need him anymore. Stay neutral and do what ever you want. It's your place now. You have your own permission. The family friend of the property owner seems to think he has free run and control as if he owns the place when I have been there 25 or more yrs than him. I was out for about 3yrs for minor medical reasons and it didn't take long to lose my position after putting all that time in the place. MY ADVICE TO ANYBODY IS NEVER, NEVER TAKE ANYONE TO YOUR PLACE, UNLESS YOU HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER WHEN AND WHY AND HOW LONG THEY WILL BE THERE. Better yet they can only go with you and only with you, or it will no longer be your place. People don't appreciate the sacrifice you make for them and pretty soon every Toms harry dick will be there. Once its out of control, there is usually no getting it back.

In other words, this person is a #2. Well, that's that, I guess.