Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A difficult situation

Old 11-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bristowboy_20
I guess NO ONE on here understood the question. Well, maybe 1 person.
You all seem to think its like a passenger in a car telling a BLINDFOLDED driver where to turn and when to press the gas and brake.
That is not what I meant.

Understand the question.

LETS SAY Im hunting with my friend and we are sitting 1 foot apart. thats 12 inches. Got it?

NOW lets say Im looking for a doe, and he is after a buck.

NOW lets say a buck walks up on MY side of the tree.

My friend has no way of getting a shot.

OK. the part no one seems to get.

I aim at the deer with my gun. IM THE ONE AIMING WITH A CLEAR VIEW.

I tell my friend to lightly squeeze MY trigger while IM AIMING AT THE BOILER ROOM OF THE BUCK

Can I make it any clearer? Or are all of us hunters too retarded to understand the concept of this question?
I guess retarded questions deserve to get retarded answers. The fact is most of us wouldn't do a goddamn thing until the guy saw and got a good clean shot at the goddamn animal.So what the hell are your own thoughts on this retarded question that you asked?

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-27-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I guess retarded questions deserve to get retarded answers. The fact is most of us wouldn't do a goddamn thing until the guy saw and got a good clean shot at the goddamn animal.So what the hell are your own thoughts on this retarded question that you asked?
I'm glad you said it Jeff..... those were my exact thoughts! Well put!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres the part I don't get. How can a person feel good about a deer when they have no idea what it looks like? Its your word its a buck. Is it a 3x3, 4x4 basket rack, what? Most hunters would like to seize the moment and decide on their own if that is the animal they choose to shoot or let him walk. Then there are the others that say "its a buck". This "person" needs to let the other person get his own buck, on his own with knowledge that he may end up without one. Thats part of hunting.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
I'm glad you said it Jeff..... those were my exact thoughts! Well put!
Live it up! Doug
Well I wasn't the first be who said it.But it isn't a difficult situation at all. Many have been in it that predicument, I think most if us have. Some may just shoot and their buddy tag weather it's legal or not. To me, no animal is worth the embarrassment and consequences reguardless of size , and I just as soon as shoot my own on my own terms.This scenario idea is just obsurbed.Yeah we all did a round about way of answering, but we all had the same conclusion for the most part.Why Bristo couldn't see what people are trying to make in their responses is beyond me.If he wants a straight forward answer, don't ask a retarded question like this, that has millions of reasons not to do it, a million answers to reasons not to do it .And no reason that it should be done and millions of answers to reasons as to why it shouldn't.
**** Doug I hate questions like these.But he asked.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-27-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TN308
Stupid questions get stupid answers, suck it up.
That's my take on it too. Even if it was safe (which it isn't), what's the point? Your friend wouldn't have accomplished anything (he couldn't have killed it on his own), so why bother?

Some people will go to extremes to kill a deer...whatever happened to the thrill of the hunt? Might as well shoot it out of your living room window if all you want is a deer.

Edit: Also, can we please strike the word 'retarded' as a term of derision from our vocabulary? It's pretty offensive in general, especially considering some people on this forum may have mentally handicapped family members. I think we can agree that 'ignorant' or just plain 'stupid' is equally accurate in describing the OP's question.

Last edited by UPHunter08; 11-29-2010 at 09:01 AM.