Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I was a retard yesterday

Old 11-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default Thanks for posting WNYhunter

I am a relatively new and inexperienced hunter and I have learned a lot from all your posts. Thanks for starting this thread WNYhunter.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

I wonder how many giving this guy crap would have tagged that deer?

Yeah, I thought so. I haven't gone back to cross-reference posts, but on page 1 we had a thread where a lot of posters were advocating breaking the law (trespassing) and admitting they would or have done that...are some of those same folks giving this guy grief now? I don't know.

He did find the deer. He did tag it. He didn't leave the meat just to be a dick about it. He sincerely thought it was bad.

Let's cut each other a tad more slack around here.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Spike

Using the word retard as a put down makes you a jerk and taking a risky shot proves it even more.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Michlw39
I wonder how many giving this guy crap would have tagged that deer?

Yeah, I thought so. I haven't gone back to cross-reference posts, but on page 1 we had a thread where a lot of posters were advocating breaking the law (trespassing) and admitting they would or have done that...are some of those same folks giving this guy grief now? I don't know.

He did find the deer. He did tag it. He didn't leave the meat just to be a dick about it. He sincerely thought it was bad.

Let's cut each other a tad more slack around here.
I have trespassed but was not giving the guy any grief was simply trying to help him avoid wasting the meat in the future.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Spike

Deer was fine, have let a few lay, and have lost a few by letting them lay. Any chance yotes just pissed on the hide so nothing else would take it. either way the meat was fine.

Anyways, some starving people get a meal, so either way you can't loose.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I;m glad you found your deer. It hurts like heck to lose them. The meat was probably still good if it was 30 degrees the night before.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Its sad to hear so much bickering when he obviously learned his lesson after the first few posts. Its frusterating how immature adults can be when i know better than to treat another this way.... being a teenager. We all know that the meat most likely would have been ok to eat but if he doesnt feel comfortable feeding his family the meat then that is his choice. He should be congradulated for finding his trophy but it is unfortunate for the loss. Nobody here is a "professional" and everyone here makes mistakes. This forum has been leaning towards arguments rather than talking about what we love to do and sharing stories with eachother. Thanks for reading...

Jake
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Spike

you did what you thought was right, we have all made mistakes hunting but from my experience, the first time you make one of those mistakes is usually the last time. i know i learn more and more from past mistakes every season. live and learn either way that deer will not go to waste
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skeeze
Using the word retard as a put down makes you a jerk .....
100% agree, glad someone else realized that.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Spike

wow why would to throw the meat away? He was still good for sure.. what a waste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.