Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where you hunt?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of private land. In Alabama I'm in one lease with 4 more, there is about 1,300 acres in it. I own about 100 acres and family has another 120 that myself and grandson are the only ones to hunt and in Florida I have a couple of friends/clients that have about 4,000 acres that only a couple of more people hunt.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Southern Maryland on Public Hunting Grounds, St. Mary's River State Park which is about 2200 acres.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like good stuff, Master Chief Bust a big one! Let us know how that hunt went!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and hunt there on public land for the bow season and the last few days of rifle season...I usually go below the bridge and hunt the Northern Lower Peninsula (even though the hunting sucks there) the first week of rifle season. I have 20 acres there and my family goes back in that area 100+ years...so I hunt there for sentimental reasons, not because of the the hunting.

In short, it ain't like those TV shows where I hunt. That's for sure. On the other hand, you can't put a price on the family history and the stories...I can also visit a small cemetery near where I hunt and see the graves of nearly 5 generations of my family. It's pretty powerful stuff--getting a deer there is just a bonus.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

Riverbottoms - Funnels, private land

Hopefully be going out to some private land that is mainly marshy, and pasture land...holds a lot of nice deer
Old 11-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Mostly hunt on private land, but there is a smaller conservation area close to us that gets little pressure and is better for turkeys than my place. During deer season it's bow & muzzle only, hence the lack of pressure.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:37 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

WMA's. I don't have access to private land except for bowhunting from one spot on the back of my 1 acre of land that borders a 35 acre site that belongs to the neighbors.