Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Not looking foward to Saturday! >

Not looking foward to Saturday!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Not looking foward to Saturday!

Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Spike

Default Not looking foward to Saturday!

Rifle season opens Saturday. The woods will be filled with drunken, stinking noisy folks. I just started bow hunting this year and it has become an addiction. I am not looking forward to every Tom, Dick and Harry being in the woods armed with guns and very little knowledge. Spooking all of the deer and making them nocturnal. I feel myself tearing up slightly. My days of nice quite times in the woods are over!!!!

I'm not referring to you hunters out there just the weekend warriors!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, in some locales the weekends can be pretty crazy, especially in the easily accessed areas. Many casual hunters have little interest in scouting an area and finding the remote hard to get to spots, and often times these are the places that the older deer head to once the orange army hits the woods.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Private land FTW(:

When hunting public land go deep into the woods or somewhere away from where all the Dick's, Tom's, and Harry's think is the hotspot and scout until you find where 'ole megabuck is hiding from them.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

Yeah private land is were it's at.

Last year I was hunting on a semi-public plot of land. I climbed up in one of the 6 ladder stands that were put up by the land owner 2 years ago before he became disabled. I got up there and got situated and looked through the trees and all I saw was orange....Literally.

Never again will this ole' redneck hunt on public land.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TN308
Yeah private land is were it's at.

Last year I was hunting on a semi-public plot of land. I climbed up in one of the 6 ladder stands that were put up by the land owner 2 years ago before he became disabled. I got up there and got situated and looked through the trees and all I saw was orange....Literally.

Never again will this ole' redneck hunt on public land.
Couldn't help noticing you're from TN. I live in TN also. Do you know where Natchez Trace State Park is? Other than draw hunts thats the only public land I find worth hunting around here.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Master Chief
Couldn't help noticing you're from TN. I live in TN also. Do you know where Natchez Trace State Park is? Other than draw hunts thats the only public land I find worth hunting around here.
No,I've never been there bud.

Thanks for the heads up though
Old 11-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

No problem. I watched two monster bucks chase doe through my foodplot this morning and I've seen a buck that will definately get over 150 so as far as public land goes I could care less lol
Old 11-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jwsfitter
Rifle season opens Saturday. The woods will be filled with drunken, stinking noisy folks. I just started bow hunting this year and it has become an addiction. I am not looking forward to every Tom, Dick and Harry being in the woods armed with guns and very little knowledge. Spooking all of the deer and making them nocturnal. I feel myself tearing up slightly. My days of nice quite times in the woods are over!!!!

I'm not referring to you hunters out there just the weekend warriors!
I COMPLETELY agree!! You should see some of the swingin dick IDIOTS with guns in the woods around here! I LOVE bow season....I love the strategy, the challenges, the difficulty, everything...mainly because it keeps all (correction...MOST) of the dumbasses out of the woods. In my opinion, gun season and blaze orange can both SUCK IT! I'll take bow season ANY DAY!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Shotgun season in Iowa reminds me of my time overseas, I do my best to just stay out (even our private land), I tend to get worked up hearing the semi-automatic fire.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Spike

Glad Im not the only one. I thought twice after I posted this. I didnt want to offend anyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.