HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Pissed! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/334870-pissed.html)

llpaintball 11-23-2010 01:59 PM

Pissed!

This afternoon I decide to hunt one of my stands on the backside of my property. When I get there I cant find my stand anywhere. After looking for a while I guess I must be goin crazy, and head to my other stand. When I get there its not there either. Someone stole BOTH of my stands! Im beyond pissed, and im not sure what I should do. I dont even know how they found both of them. :rant: What kind of person would do that?

deerhunt3r94 11-23-2010 02:04 PM

dang dude, that blows, if the person got both your stands and they werent close to each other then im guessing it would have been an inside job, do you hunt with any other people?

oh and i noticed your in the VA, where exactly, im in roanoke county VA and i hunt in Bedford county VA

llpaintball 11-23-2010 02:08 PM

Well its just me, my step dad and my cousin that hunt the property so I doubt it. But I go to college in Franklin County, and I live in Page county. Are you close to Franklin county?

deerhunt3r94 11-23-2010 02:12 PM

yep about 45 minutes away, just go from roanoke, to boonesmill to franklin county, not far at all

llpaintball 11-23-2010 02:13 PM

yep I go to Ferrum.. ive been doin some huntin in franklin county but no luck

deerhunt3r94 11-23-2010 02:15 PM

yea some of my friends are members of hunting clubs in franklin county, and yes i know where you are, i hunt in bedford county on out private land, we got some pretty nice bucks on our place and alot of lil guys

were your stands taken from where you hunt in franklin or where you hunt in page? cause if they were taken from franklin i might have a possible answer for your stolen stands

wvnimrod 11-23-2010 02:17 PM

A PURE A**HOLE!! Those kinda people we all could do without!
I would be checking in to who was hunting the surrounding property and inform them that if they are caught on your property without permission,you will press tresspassing charges!
This is the reason, when I hang my Lone Wolf that I chain and lock it! Also I have my name engraved on all my stands.
I geuss we need to put GPS tracking on our stands to stop the A**HOLES!

llpaintball 11-23-2010 02:22 PM

nope they were stolen from Page county, and yea im gonna have to go talk to the neighbors. Im stupid for not locking my stands down, but I shouldnt have to

llpaintball 11-23-2010 02:32 PM

wv wat part of west virginia are you from? I was hunting in Pendleton county yesterday

wvnimrod 11-23-2010 02:42 PM

Hampshire county near Romney,but I'm packing to move to Southern Illinois.Will get to chase the BIG boys next year!

VAhuntr 11-23-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by wvnimrod (Post 3727668)
A PURE A**HOLE!! Those kinda people we all could do without!
I would be checking in to who was hunting the surrounding property and inform them that if they are caught on your property without permission,you will press tresspassing charges!
This is the reason, when I hang my Lone Wolf that I chain and lock it! Also I have my name engraved on all my stands.
I geuss we need to put GPS tracking on our stands to stop the A**HOLES!

Even chaining and locking the stands up may not be 100% effective. I had two stands stolen a few years ago that were chained and padlocked. Apparently they used a cordless cutoff wheel to cut the chain and walked off with my stands.

wvnimrod 11-23-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by VAhuntr (Post 3727766)
Even chaining and locking the stands up may not be 100% effective. I had two stands stolen a few years ago that were chained and padlocked. Apparently they used a cordless cutoff wheel to cut the chain and walked off with my stands.

Yea,if they want them bad enough theres not much you can do,sad that we have a**holes around that have no respect!
Unfortunately this happens way too oftem,somesort off LOJACK system would be great,send the police right to them...hell yeah!!!!

SecondChance 11-23-2010 05:29 PM

All of my lock-ons are strapped onto the tree and then on the support bars I weld a cross piece of steel. I then drill a 1/2" hole and put a grade 8, 8" steel lag bolt into the tree. And when they are 25' feet up, its not a place to start trying to figure out what is going to work or not. Been doing it for 10 years and so far, so good.

huntingcamera 11-24-2010 12:09 AM

sorry to hear that.

oldshedhunter35 11-24-2010 01:52 PM

In a perfect world you should'nt have to lock your stuff up.This aint a perfect world.

llpaintball 11-24-2010 03:45 PM

yes... i know

sconnyhunter 11-24-2010 03:53 PM

With my hang on, I use removable climbing ladder sections, and remove the bottom two sets.
This way the bass nerds have to climb quite a bit to get mine down.

125py 11-24-2010 04:05 PM

had the same thing happen to me...but i am blaming the logging thiefs

Nalgi 11-24-2010 04:24 PM

weld them on next time and put a hotwire around it!!!

Marlerboy 12-09-2010 07:54 AM

Sorry to hear that. Weve had a problem with some one try to take our stands before. A guy that was in a huntin club with us stole are blind one day. His excuse was he took it cause he didnt know whos it was. Me and my family was the only other members in the clun so he knows whos it was. And if he didnt why would he take it??

flips2 12-10-2010 02:47 PM

hey llpaintball, what part of Page county was this at? My dad had a ladder stand stolen last year right along the Page/Shenendoah County line Near Camp Roosevelt and Moreland Gap rds. The property backs up to NF and we always catch someone in there. We had created a food plot and placed the stand near it, it was lock also. Someone had to come in there, find it, returned to cut the cable, and then haul it out of the woods. Not exactly an easy task. Then they continued to hunt the food plot through out the season. We haven't caught them yet but see evidence they were still hunting.

Have you reported it to a CPO or the Sheriff's Office?

FoldEmXtreme 12-10-2010 06:11 PM

That is BS, I hope you find out who stole them and meet up with them in a dark shelter belt!