Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Spike

Dont feel owed anything. I want the least amount of government in my life. I'm trying to make a point. The game lands around my area are dead. You used to be able to hunt alot of the private land but its all being bought up by a few guys. They post everything and dont allow anyone on for any reason. We will get to a point that most of the land will be owned by a few rich guys that dont allow anyone to hunt. With little land to hunt it becomes harmful to the sport. There are alot of hunters in my area and the game lands have pretty much been kicked. Maybe you guys would see it different if the shoe was on the other foot. I dont feel entitled to anything, I've worked hard for everything in my life. Grew up in a poor family and have now made a very good living for my family. My point is that all the land is becoming posted around here. I cant even take my little girl for a ride on my quad. I'm land locked by investors, guys that dont even live in my state. By the way, I do own a little land and its not posted.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

It'll be my deer when it's in the back of my truck on the way to the processer.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by steve25
I think the point I was tring to make was missed by you..... My main point was things happen whether a bad hit or a good one and the deer just refuses to go down and travel a far distance so in a reallity hunting at least X amount of yrds from the property line is not going to solve anything in this case.

And like a said if we where all MASTER HUNTERS like some claim to be ( not saying you just by looking at some of the posts) the deer would just fall over dead with every shot. But we all know that just doesn't happen all the time.

It is pretty bad when a landowner feels the need to group everyone in the same pot.

As I said before if a person will take the time to ask that shows me they respect my property.

I will say owning hunting ground can be a pain at times but that mean I have to be an ass all the time?? NO!!

At the end of the day it's YOUR land and you can do what you want. But what I have a problem with is the reasoning of some landowners that if one thing goes wrong everyone is a bad hunter with no ethics, which isn't the case.

And is also seems the main problem the landowners are complaining about is public hunting ground that boarders theres. Well some don't have the means to buy or lease hunting ground and they have no choice but to hunt public ground. Should they be looked down on just for that simple fact??? I just seems these landowners what the public ground to be private casue they boarder it.

This is just a topic that most are going to have to agree to disagree because there is no completely right or wrong answer with a lot of grey areas.
Granted, stuff happens--I once tracked a gut-shot buck for nearly a mile. But if you're hunting less than a 100 yards from private property and the deer movement dictates a wounded deer will usually bolt toward the private property...you're in iffy territory. Sure, I've had deer drop right there...but I've also had good hits where a deer has run over 100+ yards.

Just saying.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunchamp
After reading all of these posts it finally proves to me what I've thought for a while. Most landowners are dics. I've always been for landowners rights above all else but this makes me rethink things. I'm for freedom and country but some of you guys are rediculous. Maybe the government should taxe the living hell out of you people if you decide that no one is ever going on your property. There should be no question that the hunter should be able to retrieve his or her deer. All the more reason to just go get your game and pretty much say screw the ignorant land owner that decides to be a jackoff. Once again, I'm for freedoms but if this is how its going to work, I'll be looking the other way when it comes to posted signs. All the land around me keeps getting posted, soon wont be any area to hunt around my house. I've asked land owners and its always the same answer. I guess there is something the dems are right about, rich people taking things for themselves, screw the rest of us. Its sad!
I disagree,again I AM A LANDOWNER and if someone comes and ask to recover a deer, I have NO problem with them recovering it, hell I will even help them and have!
But people WHO just say scew it and go get it are the reason landowners have bad atitudes! Like I said before i've lost hunting rights to private property because of anothers actions,landowner got ticked off and STOPPED ALL hunting on his property! AND THAT SUCKS!!!
Hunters are thier own worst enemy,hunters who don't care about a landowners rights have brought these problems upon all of us!
The OP did the right thing thats all he can do,but going after the deer is in NO way going to get him future permission!
And too everyone who has posted on this thead, that said they would just go get the deer, THANKS for keeping private land, PRIVATE!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Best thread over!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

The game lands around my area are dead. There are alot of hunters in my area and the game lands have pretty much been kicked.
This is why you shouldn't be allowed on private lands. You shoot everything you see and don't manage the herd properly. If all of you in the area had exercised good QDM then there would still be deer to hunt for all.

I cant even take my little girl for a ride on my quad. I'm land locked by investors, guys that dont even live in my state. By the way, I do own a little land and its not posted.
That is what a state park is for...not my property. If you want more places to ride, buy more land. You will post it too unless you want it to end up like the public hunting areas. I suspect your biggest problem is really laziness in wanting everything right out your back door. I travel for two hours just to get to my farm. Put your big girl panties on and put a little bit of effort into it.

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 11-26-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigBuck28
Best thread over!!!!
U DA KING !
Old 11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any landowner has had a situation like this happen: Landowner is out hunting, landowner runs across a trespasser, Landowner: what are you doing here, this is private property, Trespasser: I'm tracking a deer I hit.

When you hear it enough times and no sign of any hit deer anywhere, you become skeptical.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Spike

Jman, you know nothing about me which makes you and your comments ignorant. I dont shoot everything and I'm not lazy. You say you drive 2 hours to your location, I walk over 1 1/2 hours to get to my hunting stand. Wanting to ride my children around my property has nothing to do with being lazy. Its called working 50+ hours a week and not having enough time to drive away from my property. In the end I'm glad I came upon this post because it has taught me alot about you selfish people. Keep buying up land for yourselves and keep making it harder for working guys like myself to find good areas to hunt. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Jman, you know nothing about me which makes you and your comments ignorant. I dont shoot everything and I'm not lazy. You say you drive 2 hours to your location, I walk over 1 1/2 hours to get to my hunting stand. Wanting to ride my children around my property has nothing to do with being lazy. Its called working 50+ hours a week and not having enough time to drive away from my property. In the end I'm glad I came upon this post because it has taught me alot about you selfish people. Keep buying up land for yourselves and keep making it harder for working guys like myself to find good areas to hunt. Thanks.
Well, I will point out that you are a small-government person (by your own admission). I'm also guessing which way you vote. You'll be happy to note the party you vote for is about unfettered free enterprise, which means if you have the dough and can gobble up the land you should be able to do so. That's a fundamental principle in that camp.

Not commenting on the virtues or not of any beliefs...just pointing something out to you.

I'm not rich, and I mostly hunt public land. I own 20 acres of very marginal hunting land nearly 200 miles from my home location, so it's not like I hunt private land that much...but I have enough experience with it to understand the perspective of the other side.

Last edited by Michlw39; 11-26-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.