Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by eureka77
Good luck to you as well my friend. Your moving to a good place for big deer. Atleast in the pic.s I see.
Thanks!!
Yea,I have seen some big ones when we've been out to visit my inlaws,can't wait to get after them!
I have taken some nice bucks here in WV but nothing like the ones I've seen out there!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I cannot believe some of the post by some people on here. Saying it is ok to break the law and trespass is just idiotic. I am sure they landowner has chased off tons of hunters and gets sick of it. The lack of respect that some of you show is why people look down on hunters. Follow the law. If its no trespassing and the land owner says no, it means no. Yes it is bad that there is a deer going to waste. I never like to see that and I do what I can to make sure it doesn't happen to me. But if someone else decides not to let someone on the land, that is their choice. The landowner probably thought you saw a deer on his land and were going to "recover your deer" but actually were going to try to shoot one.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Wow!! Just got back from being gone a few days to check this thread my lord what a stir it has caused.

We own land and have no problem with people looking for a wounded animal as long as they take the time to ask and no weapons and so forth. Yes I have been tresspassed on, stuff happens but does that mean every hunter is like the person that tresspassed on me??? NO!!! If i where a cop this would be like racial profiling, wouldn't it?????? You are basicly discriminating agains that hunter because another hunter pissed you off and lumping every hunter together which is not how this needs to handled.

I don't know which side is worse in this tread you got hunters hunting on public ground who either don't have access to private ground or what ever and they want to go in at night to retrieve the downed animal with out asking, BIG NO NO!!!!!

Then you got all the hard ass land owners that are wrong in saying you shouldn't hunt close to the boarders of public ground or even private that boarders them. because you a cutting there deer off, well tough @#$#!!!!! Well I am sorry but a deer that is not hit well for whatever reason can travel alot futher than a couple hundred yards!!! You know this just like everyone else who has hunted for any period of time. So really your agruement is a mute point on hunting no closer that "X" amount of yrds off the property line. In a perfect world we would all be master hunters like some claim they are and all of the deer shot would just fall over dead in there tracks!!!

Like I said I own some land and if anyone comes to my house asks permission to track an animal to me that says alot about the type of hunter he or she is and what it says most is that they are respectfull of the landowner, because alot of people would NOT ask they would just go do it.

People on both sides of need to get over themselves and look at the bigger picture here!!!!!! Help thy neighbor, does that ring a bell to anyone????

Last edited by steve25; 11-25-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by steve25
Wow!! Just got back from being gone a few days to check this thread my lord what a stir it has caused.

We own land and have no problem with people looking for a wounded animal as long as they take the time to ask and no weapons and so forth. Yes I have been tresspassed on, stuff happens but does that mean every hunter is like the person that tresspassed on me??? NO!!! If i where a cop this would be like racial profiling, wouldn't it?????? You are basicly discriminating agains that hunter because another hunter pissed you off and lumping every hunter together which is not how this needs to handled.

I don't know which side is worse in this tread you got hunters hunting on public ground who either don't have access to private ground or what ever and they want to go in at night to retrieve the downed animal with out asking, BIG NO NO!!!!!

Then you got all the hard ass land owners that are wrong in saying you shouldn't hunt close to the boarders of public ground or even private that boarders them. because you a cutting there deer off, well tough @#$#!!!!! Well I am sorry but a deer that is not hit well for whatever reason can travel alot futher than a couple hundred yards!!! You know this just like everyone else who has hunted for any period of time. So really your agruement is a mute point on hunting no closer that "X" amount of yrds off the property line. In a perfect world we would all be master hunters like some claim they are and all of the deer shot would just fall over dead in there tracks!!!

Like I said I own some land and if anyone comes to my house asks permission to track an animal to me that says alot about the type of hunter he or she is and what it says most is that they are respectfull of the landowner, because alot of people would NOT ask they would just go do it.

People on both sides of need to get over themselves and look at the bigger picture here!!!!!! Help thy neighbor, does that ring a bell to anyone????
(AGAIN) another person misses the point about border hunting. It's not about "cutting off deer," which is perfectly fine and legal. It's about SHOOTING A DEER THAT HAS NO REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF STAYING ON PUBLIC LAND WHEN WOUNDED.

Jesus.

If you can drop it on public land, do whatever the hell you want. If you can't, you should reconsider where you're hunting.

The. End.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigBuck28
Terasuck...Your going to base fututre descions bc of a thread on some forum...Grow up. WAAAAA someone disagreees with me so now im going to be hardass when someones on my land. I bet you are the type of guys to get smashed in a bar fight and call the police instead of swinging back bc its the right thing to do. I cant believe how some people dont have any balls anymore.

OHH and another thing I own 423 acres in Maine FYI and i dont post it. OMFG WHY DONT YOU>>>>>> I chose not to so other people can enjoy it as much as i did before i bought it. Thats why theres land open still bc people arnt selfish *******s who want it all to themselves. Thats why land is really posted.MINE MINE MINE.
Please post the specific address and location of your property. I'm sure your Internet friends would love to take you up on your generous offer of hunting your land.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I know this isn't probably the best way to do things but if I shoot a nice 10-point and it runs over to private land and I know it's down. I'M GETTING MY DEER!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25

fianally a landowner with some respect for hunting. i am the original poster and by no means did i think i would get the response that i have with this post. i am shocked by all the responses on both sides. i never knew that land owners where such hard asses. i mean damn we all know you pay taxes on your property and it cost you allot of money believe me if it didnt we all would have are own spots to hunt but this is not a perfect world and we all do not have land or the money to buy land. to me this is no different than kids playing next door to my house and kicking a ball into my yard. so i should tell that kid he cannot get his ball it is mine because it crossed the property line. and that he should not play within so many feet from my property because their is a big chance his ball could go onto my property. i mean i pay taxes on it and the up keep right so that kid has no rights to his toys once it crosses onto my property. i mean give me a break. or heres another anology for you land owners. say im out walking my dog and he gets away from me and runs onto your property am i not allowed to go get my dog. it is so sad to see how selfish people are.

Last edited by sea_bee77; 11-26-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MD DEERHUNTER
I know this isn't probably the best way to do things but if I shoot a nice 10-point and it runs over to private land and I know it's down. I'M GETTING MY DEER!
I am also not afraid to admit i would do the same...90% of the people on here that say they wouldnt get there deer... would do it if they had the same situation.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the public land I hunt, I am 99% certain that the park does not allow hunting within 100 yards of the park boundaries; they are considered "safe zones."

One thing those of you recommending trespassing are forgetting, is that you never know what kind of person owns the property. Beside the fact that landowner's rights should be respected, having some crazy-assed redneck come after you with a 12-gauge will remind you why trespassing is a bad idea. No deer is worth your life.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MD DEERHUNTER
And not for a doe?

By the way - it's not YOUR DEER until you legally recover it.
Break the law and not only is it not your deer, you are a poacher as well - not that would bother several here. They are "entitled" to THEIR DEER, regardless of little things like laws and landowners rights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.