Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sea_bee77
your right it is easy to see who owns private land and who doesnt. pretty said that this is the attitude of most private land owners. we all know were not entitled to anything but you would think most people would have the decentsy to allow another hunter to retrieve his deer. so all private land owners are telling me youve never had a deer youve shot run onto public land.
Your analogy just doesn't work. If you're hunting public land you have no rights once private land comes into play. But, if you're on private property and public land becomes part of the equation, then the private land owner has the same rights on the public land that you do.

Also something that some don't seem to realize, or don't care about, is the simple fact that land owners acquire a bad attitude toward strangers for a reason. If you own land long enough you'll probably fall victim to poachers, thieves or vandals. Having property shot up or stolen, will make a land owner real grumpy after a while. Of course in the minds of some he's just being a jerk.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Michlw39
In Michigan private property is private property. It not being posted does not get one out of a trespass ticket. So be careful of the legal advice you give.

Recreational Trespass
•The Recreational Trespass Act applies to specific types of trespass. One type of recreational trespass involves a person entering the non-farming property of another to engage in recreational activity without the owner's consent. That type of property must be either fenced or otherwise enclosed, or posted with a sign prohibiting trespassing that meets certain requirements. Another type of recreational trespass involves a person entering farm property, and wooded areas connected to it, for any recreational activity without the owner's consent. Farm property does not need to be fenced, otherwise enclosed or contain a posted sign prohibiting trespassing.

Read more: What Are Michigan's Trespassing Laws? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6524590_mic...#ixzz16Jh0K13y
Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Spike

Well,I hate to say it but I've been in the exact same situation before.

Our land boarders the biggest Dhead in the county's land. I killed a nice 6 point about 2 years ago and it fell about 10 feet across his fence.

I went and asked him if I could get him and he said no in a very smartasss way.

Needless to say......I got my damn deer.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Am curious as to age of those for and against trespessing?
Is this a generational gap thing with kids having no respect for the law and landowners?
I am 40 and would not even contemplate tresspassing.
I will also remember these posts next time someone asks me for permission.
Don't know what my reply will be, just know you guys turned me away from granting blanket permission.
Also If you intend on trespessing what's the point of asking?
Do you know what it means to be sincere in your request?
Think my response to those asking after the fact will be to say no, and will call dec immediately.
Anyone found trespassing after I denied them I will now press charges not just chase them off the land.
Good hunters will suffer because of this, but until Dbag tresspassers learn its what will have to be done
Old 11-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Terasec
Is this a generational gap thing with kids having no respect for the law and landowners?
I am 40 and would not even contemplate tresspassing.
I will also remember these posts next time someone asks me for permission.
Don't know what my reply will be, just know you guys turned me away from granting blanket permission.
Also If you intend on trespessing what's the point of asking?
Do you know what it means to be sincere in your request?
Think my response to those asking after the fact will be to say no, and will call dec immediately.
Anyone found trespassing after I denied them I will now press charges not just chase them off the land.
Good hunters will suffer because of this, but until Dbag tresspassers learn its what will have to be done
The Dhead I was referring to in my last post has a son who hunts his property and had come and asked us more than once to come onto OUR land and recover his deer.....We allowed him and I even helped him pull the monster onto his truck.

A year later I shot a deer and it downed about 10 feet across his fence and like I said he refused in a very smartasss manner to let me get my deer.

F him.

Yes I technically "trespassed" but if I give a man's son courtesy and a helping hand....I expect the same back.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

id just go get it.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TN308
F him.

Yes I technically "trespassed" but if I give a man's son courtesy and a helping hand....I expect the same back.
Agree permission should be reciprocated with neighborsm
Have 1 neighbor we made it clear from day 1 that we will allow eachother to retrieve game form our properties. No need to ask after the fact.
He is selling his land and will discuss same with new owners.
Also have a neighbor with a 300 acre lot that borders my property, I have not been able to locate that owner yet, so I stay way clear of hunting that section
As for your neighbor agree he is an arse for not reciprocating.
But I myself still would not trespess, and would keep my distance from his border.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
I'm 51. I own two different acreages in different counties. I believe trespassing is wrong for nearly any reason, including deer retrieval. I'm guessing those who see trespassing as no big deal don't own land. They have nothing invested and obviously don't respect the rights of others. It's all about them.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Terasuck...Your going to base fututre descions bc of a thread on some forum...Grow up. WAAAAA someone disagreees with me so now im going to be hardass when someones on my land. I bet you are the type of guys to get smashed in a bar fight and call the police instead of swinging back bc its the right thing to do. I cant believe how some people dont have any balls anymore.

OHH and another thing I own 423 acres in Maine FYI and i dont post it. OMFG WHY DONT YOU>>>>>> I chose not to so other people can enjoy it as much as i did before i bought it. Thats why theres land open still bc people arnt selfish *******s who want it all to themselves. Thats why land is really posted.MINE MINE MINE.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was right - BigBuck28 - is the head of the trespasser/poaching club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.