Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Spike

wow i am shocked by some of the responses on this. i was just wanting to vent. i respect land owners rights completely that is why i did the right thing and went and asked for permission. i was just dumb founded by his rudeness and his response. not sure if he was having a bad day or what. maybe he has had some bad experiences in the past not sure what his deal was. i know if i had land myself i would want someone to ask me for permission but i would never say no and let an animal go to waste. i would go with them and make sure everything was done correctly. i know now where im going to be for next shotgun season. right out in the crp field at sun up to make sure no deer comes his way. i think it might be a good day to do a little more scouting.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seabee - I respect for for the way you handled it.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

No the reason its getting harder and harder has nothing to do with me it has to do with money,lets not blow things out of proportion here I never said anything about stealing or walking in living quarters,local scumbags good one,my brother actually has permission to hunt all this farm land that I enjoyed for 9 years,I didnt harm anyone or steal or damage any property nobody was deer hunting it,there was one outfitter and he was just a goose hunter,I have settled down now and no longer do it.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sea_bee77
wow i am shocked by some of the responses on this. i was just wanting to vent. i respect land owners rights completely that is why i did the right thing and went and asked for permission. i was just dumb founded by his rudeness and his response. not sure if he was having a bad day or what. maybe he has had some bad experiences in the past not sure what his deal was. i know if i had land myself i would want someone to ask me for permission but i would never say no and let an animal go to waste. i would go with them and make sure everything was done correctly. i know now where im going to be for next shotgun season. right out in the crp field at sun up to make sure no deer comes his way. i think it might be a good day to do a little more scouting.
Am not upset with what you did,
You were legal and did the right thing,
Unfortunate you didn't get permission, but I wouldn't blame the landowner, just yourself to blame.
What gets me upset is the replies where people freely advise to trespess.
Permission is earned and should be appreciated, not expected and taken for granted.
As someone mention its entitlement mentality of those that ask expecting to get a reply in their favor, and calling landowners Dbags for not granting permission.
That is their land, they have their reaswons for not granting permission.
They don't need to explain such reasons,

You live and learn, maybe take this into account and ask per permission prior to hunting as part of your scouting.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Then the solution for the problem is to hunt with heavy sabot slugs, or nolser partition ammo. something totally destructive and over kill; with heavy knock down power.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Messed up b doing the legal, ethical thing????????????

Amazing those that think a property owners rights are just suggestions to be ignored when it does not suit them.

Get prior permission, hunt farther from the line and be a better shot. It's not your deer just because you get a hit on it. Hunters trespassing for any reason give all a bad name - something that more then a few obviously could care less about.
i could not agree more,the property i hunt allso backs to state land and other private property.the other owners have both asked first recover deer and this owner allways says yes and even helps and if we had the same thing happen we would ask.if they said no i would allso be upset too but no means no and that is that owners right.i would have absolutley no respect or tolerance for someone that has shown me the same....karl
Old 11-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Damn dude, grow some nuts and just go get the deer, by the time you did all the right things you could have had it back over the fence.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Check the law. Some states have a provision that you can leave your gun / bow on state land, then go on to the private land to retrieve downed game. In those states, the requirement to leave the weapon behind proves to anyone who "catches" you on private land that you're not actually hunting.

Don't do it without checking first!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dalebow
Damn dude, grow some nuts and just go get the deer, by the time you did all the right things you could have had it back over the fence.
Another leading candidate for the "I AM A TRESPASSER/CRIMINAL" topic. Sounds like a well qualified experianced, founding proud member.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.