Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
This here is the attitude of 98% of the land owners here in the state of Illinois thats why I wouldnt even bother asking I would have went in at dark and got the deer,I grew up here in a town of population 90 there is one family of farmers that own all the land for that surrounds this small town and the river runs on one side,I never trespassed on there land until I was about 13 I was fishing at the river which is owned by the state and one of these farmers said I couldn't be there,after that it was all a game for me I hunted there land for over 9 years with out ever getting caught,there was times I would be sitting on the ground deer hunting and one of there outfitters was less then 15 feet away from me picking white mushrooms off the trees never did see me I still look back and laugh about that today,I had a lot of good times,and don't regret it a bit,I wouldn't enter there yard or there home but the timber I would not hesitate I don't think anyone should have the rights to tell someone they can or cant use what god gave all of us,I was young and I wanted to hunt and they owned every tree in sight it was an easy decision for me and evidently someone up above was with me through all them years because I had some close calls where it seemed like there would be no way I could get out with out being seen,cant count the time people would almost be stepping on me but every time I made it.I am older now and don't do it anymore but as far as any regrets I don't hold any I had a lot of fun enjoying the natural world and I learned a lot.
you are an arsehole....
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are a land owner and somebody shoots a deer that goes on your property and you don't let him retrieve it, you are really just taking out your frustrations on that person. I have to say, if he was good enough to ask permission to get the deer you should let him get it. I own land I hunt on, and let people cross the line for this kind of thing. What is wrong with treating people how you would like to be treated. It is sad to see some Land Owners are Dirt Bags from what I have read.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

You couldnt be more wrong,I am not a disrespectful kid,how can you say I am on the wrong side of the fence maybe you are all on the wrong side of the fence,I never tried to justify poaching what I said was if children are hungry and someone has to poach a deer then so be it,I am not some kind of god its not my right to say hey you cant do that sorry feed your kids bread and water or whatever but don't you dare shoot that deer.

I am not representing anyone I wasn't aware that I had to,you are going to try telling me you don't break the law like you never drive 60 in a 55,even the police break the laws go to chicago and see the police brutality with your own eyes,the conservation police break the laws this week they pulled over more then 100 cars and done illegal searches, violation of the 4th amendment,so my point is that even the law enforcers are breaking the law.

I am just enjoying life and the outdoors the way it should be,I dont do it anymore like I said I am older now and have private grounds to hunt as well as some good public ground but I dont feel that what I done was a crime.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
. It is sad to see some Land Owners are Dirt Bags from what I have read.
Huh?

I haven't read of anyone on this board that wouldn't let someone retrieve a deer. We'd even let the Breaking-and-Entering A-holes on the adjacent property get their deer...it just wouldn't be a blanket permission in that case (we would accompany them on the retrieval).

For the record, I think the landowner that denied the OP permission is a Dirt Bag for doing it that way...but I respect his right to deny him permission.

If more hunters respected landowners' rights, hunters in general would find landowners would be a lot more accomodating.

Last edited by UPHunter08; 11-24-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

You couldnt be more wrong,I am not a disrespectful kid
How about this, in your own words?

"after that it was all a game for me I hunted there land for over 9 years with out ever getting caught"

This goes waaaayyyyy beyond jumping over a line to retrieve a deer. Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.

Y
I am not representing anyone I wasn't aware that I had to,you are going to try telling me you don't break the law like you never drive 60 in a 55
Ah, the time tested moral equivalence argument. FWIW, breaking the speed limit by 5mph costs nobody else anything. Trespassers that steal or damage property cost landowners money. Even if it doesn't, it violates their rights. If you think it doesn't, let me come sit in your living room and go through your stuff without you knowing about it when you're gone for the weekend. Same thing, right?

If you can't understand the deal with trespassing and landowner rights, then my original assessment stands. Maybe when you pay a lot of money for something, only to have someone claim it as their own, you'll understand.

As stated above, the vast majority of landowners will grant you permission to get your deer. Your attitude and history (9 years of trespassing) indicates to me that there's more to your story than you're telling (which is why they denied you permission).
Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Whatever happened at EARNING the chance to be given permission?
Its seems access is taken for granted here.
I recall when people used to spend summers clearing property owners road frontage of garbage, painting / repairing fences, doing yardwork, all in hope the owner may give him permission, and even if denied, not curse the landowner.
Many landlowners are hunters themselves and will have various reasons for denying access.
I myself have about 10 acres of 50 specifically for safety zone for game, where I don't even enter, been about 5 yrs since I stepped foot in those parts. Would be pissed if others took upon themselves to trespess.
I also hunt statelands that border my property many times over hunting my own land as don't want to pressure the deer on my land.
Am basically disgusted by many attitudes where people feel they can trespass at will
Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

So Blackhawk, you don't think that land should be owned? At all? If thats the case than whats to stop me from walking in your front door and claiming your property as mine? I should be able to walk in and just take what I want. Cause "I don't think you should be able to own anything." If we can't own land and buildings on that land than there would be chaos. Whats to stop one farmer from planting crops on all the farms in the area and making the other farmers go hungry? Whats to stop logging companies from clear cutting every Forrest on the planet? Cause hey if its natural than its free for the taking right?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I am just enjoying life and the outdoors the way it should be,I dont do it anymore like I said I am older now and have private grounds to hunt as well as some good public ground but I dont feel that what I done was a crime.
You definately voted for zerO...what's mine is mine and if you have more than me, well, that's mine too. You obviously are too poor or stupid to be a land owner yourself. Of course if you were, then I should come hunt your place "just because I can"

You were probably denied because you were part of the local scumbags.

I hope someone poaches all the game from your "private" grounds.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

This here is the attitude of 98% of the land owners here in the state of Illinois thats why I wouldnt even bother asking I would have went in at dark and got the deer,I grew up here in a town of population 90 there is one family of farmers that own all the land for that surrounds this small town and the river runs on one side,I never trespassed on there land until I was about 13 I was fishing at the river which is owned by the state and one of these farmers said I couldn't be there,after that it was all a game for me I hunted there land for over 9 years with out ever getting caught,there was times I would be sitting on the ground deer hunting and one of there outfitters was less then 15 feet away from me picking white mushrooms off the trees never did see me I still look back and laugh about that today,I had a lot of good times,and don't regret it a bit,I wouldn't enter there yard or there home but the timber I would not hesitate I don't think anyone should have the rights to tell someone they can or cant use what god gave all of us,I was young and I wanted to hunt and they owned every tree in sight it was an easy decision for me and evidently someone up above was with me through all them years because I had some close calls where it seemed like there would be no way I could get out with out being seen,cant count the time people would almost be stepping on me but every time I made it.I am older now and don't do it anymore but as far as any regrets I don't hold any I had a lot of fun enjoying the natural world and I learned a lot.
At least you admit it.
You are a trespasser, enjoy doing it and feel it is your right.
Classic case of entitlement - you deserve it even though you did nothing to earn it other then being born. Your attitude is one of the biggest reasons getting to hunt private land is getting harder and harder for honest legal hunters.

And I wouldn't be surprized with that attitude that many landowners and hunters around you regularly have treestands, camera's etc come up missing as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Perhaps every post should be re-read, and anyone that said they would go onto private land to retreived their deer without permission or without even asking for permission should be listed in the "I AM A TRESPASSER/CRIMINAL" Topic!.

And with that... I'm out.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING Everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.