Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey if his property isnt posted you my as well assume its public and go get your deer. But if he has it posted thats a different story.

*cough* or just wait til dark *cough*
Old 11-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JakeGrice
Hey if his property isnt posted you my as well assume its public and go get your deer. But if he has it posted thats a different story.

*cough* or just wait til dark *cough*
Absolutely wrong,
posting laws do vary by state,
in NY lands do not have to be posted, posting is more of a reminder, than a requirement,
in NY trespessing is trespassing regardless of whether posted.
attitudes like that will cause more people to post their lands,
and you should always know where you are and where the property borders are.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

out west its by permission only!
I used to chase dove hunters out of our fields every year. One year a guy and his son came and asked if they could hunt in our land, he was an contractor and said if we needed any work he would be happy to help. We let him hunt all he wanted.

food for thought...
Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Go get your buck F the guy. Dont let the buck go to waste bc the guys an ass. If i made the descion to drop the hammer on a buck then i wouldnt mind a trespassing fee to recover it...that is if i get caught cough cough. You tried to do the right thing and it blew up in your face. When it comes down to it whats more important letting a great buck rot or "tresspassing" for 20 minutes to recover a deer you legally shot.

Last edited by BigBuck28; 11-24-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck28
Go get your buck F the guy. Dont let the buck go to waste bc the guys an ass. If i made the descion to drop the hammer on a buck then i wouldnt mind a trespassing fee to recover it...that is if i get caught cough cough. You tried to do the right thing and it blew up in your face. When it comes down to it whats more important letting a great buck rot or "tresspassing" for 20 minutes to recover a deer you legally shot.
Another nominee for the poaching trespasser list - without caring a bit about legal, ethical hunting. Great job on closing up even more land to hunters.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Hey holier than thou.. The landowner already hates people in general, he wouldnt even let the guy got get his buck. So how am i closing up more land? HE WONT LET ANYONE ON IT,he rudely slammed a door in the mans face for no reason..And another how am i a poacher and UN ETHICAL? hahha Bc i dont want a deer to go to waste? yup thats DEF un ethical.

Sometimes doing the right thing aint doing the right thing.

this is what this thread will turn into..
Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck28
Hey holier than thou.. The landowner already hates people in general, he wouldnt even let the guy got get his buck. So how am i closing up more land? HE WONT LET ANYONE ON IT,he rudely slammed a door in the mans face for no reason..And another how am i a poacher and UN ETHICAL? hahha Bc i dont want a deer to go to waste? yup thats DEF un ethical.

Sometimes doing the right thing aint doing the right thing.

this is what this thread will turn into..

Breaking the law to take game, whether before or after the shot is poaching.
So yes trespassing to retrieve game is poaching.
If the deer is wasted only person to blame is the hunter.
An ethical hunter would take every precaution to avoid this.
That includes getting prior permission and not hunting 100 yds from a border.
Deer tend to run to either water, or safe havens after being hit.
That safe haven may be private land nearby.
So this hunter made some bad mistakes, and deer may get wasted because off his decisions,
Hopefully he will learn from this and avoid it in the future
Old 11-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Well...In Michigan i believe u can trespass if not posted ...But farmland is an exception. Farmland is assumed private. Asking is always the right thing to do but i wouldnt let this prick stop me from fillin the freezer. Just my opinion...
Old 11-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

BS he made some bad mistakes. He was hunting on public land and shot the deer with an arrow during legal shootng light... all legally. What is he not suppost to hunt withn 500 yards of the boarder bc he could make abad shot with a bow. HAHA The landowner is just an Ahole and is proble growing pot in there or something. This guy has nothing to hang his head about. If he had been hunting the boarder(liek the Dbag landowner is) and shot a deer on the other guys land then YES he made a mistake.

Make sure you guys dont role threw a stop sign or speed bc its wrong....But what if your prego wife had her waterbreak and was rushed to the hosptial................See what i mean about doing the right thing isnt always the right thing.

Last edited by BigBuck28; 11-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Too all who say just go and get the deer,
That is exactly why landowners do what this guy did,we do NOT know why he didn't allow the OP to recover the deer maybe his land has been disrespected in the past!
And with or without prior aproval he isn't allowing anyone on his property!
That is the reason why even if someone ask for permission before, I will only let them on my property with an ******!
My dad and I were left 70 acres 20 years ago and don't hunt it, we just keep it as an investment,and even posted it stating hunting access granted only with permission,and every year we check it in hunting season we have to run people off,so now it is posted NO TRESPASSING ALLOWED!
Guys like those who would just go get the deer are why access to private land is getting harder and harder to find!
THANKS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.