Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What month is best month to use bait for deer >

What month is best month to use bait for deer

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What month is best month to use bait for deer

Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Spike

Default What month is best month to use bait for deer

I would like to know what month do the majority of white tail deer hunters think would be the Best month to use bait to harvest a big buck?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Spike

hmm. most frown on baiting but i would imagine it would be late season when food is scarce... thats what we go by for coyotes anyway
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

Out of curiosity, do deer hunters who also fish, feel the same way about baiting and high-fenced hunts as they do about chumming (where legal) and pay lakes? I was just wondering if folks viewed the practices in the same context.

Keep your line in the water and your powder dry.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by clwag
Out of curiosity, do deer hunters who also fish, feel the same way about baiting and high-fenced hunts as they do about chumming (where legal) and pay lakes? I was just wondering if folks viewed the practices in the same context.

Keep your line in the water and your powder dry.
I'm not sure I understand the context of you question. I use corn, it's legal where I hunt and I wouldn't use it if it wasn't. When fishing I fish in saltwater only, and I chum because it increases the bite. In saltwater, chum brings the bite and that's what it's about.

As for high-fenced hunts, whatever floats your boat. I don't really care what another does as long as it doesn't infringe on my enjoyment of my property and it's legal. Would I hunt high-fence? Probably, but I wouldn't pay to do it. In my opinion hunting, just like fishing, is about putting food on the table, I eat everything I fish and hunt for. Hunting inside a high fence would be nothing more than hunting where I do now, shopping for groceries.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Big bucks don't usually like to feed at an unnatural food source
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

december-post rut
Old 11-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

January-February in Florida
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Bait works best in the months when deer eat food.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 PM
M92
Spike

Im not much for baiting. But I do find I do better hunting their food post rut.

That said, I don't look down on folks that do bait their deer. Deer are professionals at staying alive. We humans are amateurs at hunting them. Even so with the folks that have spent their lives and make a living doing so.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
Bait works best in the months when deer eat food.
good one, the answer is months that end in y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.