Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's Just To Warm To Hunt.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default It's Just To Warm To Hunt.

It was in the high 40s this morning.
And the low 70s now.
I went walking about 200 yards, and im pouring sweat.
It was supossed to be lows in the high 20s, and and 50s for the high.
But it's like summer time out side.
Any one else having warm temps?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
M92
Spike

Yup. But we are kinda in the same neck of the woods. It was in the 50s this am, and not supposed to get below the high 30s (in the AM) all week. Been in the low 70s during the day.

Everyone down here says the rut is already over, but I hardly saw any rubs when scouting, and the only fighting I heard was from other hunters.

I still say NC starts its season too early, and ends too early.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by M92
Yup. But we are kinda in the same neck of the woods. It was in the 50s this am, and not supposed to get below the high 30s (in the AM) all week. Been in the low 70s during the day.

Everyone down here says the rut is already over, but I hardly saw any rubs when scouting, and the only fighting I heard was from other hunters.

I still say NC starts its season too early, and ends too early.
I agree, the deer season in NC should stay open untile Jan 31st.
The temps don't get right untile after Jan 1st.
And the season is over after the 1st.
Maybe some day.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Spike

Boy, I'd like to have a problem like that. My Dad and I went hunting on Saturday and when we got back out the temperature was around the -10 degree area with windchill. We saw plenty of deer, but nothing with antlers. I'd love to go hunting in something as warm as 40-degrees but that won't happen until the beginning of next years season!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Spike

I know in PA here we are having an extremely warm day today. Usually about this time, especially in the poconos, a day in the 50's is considered nice. Today has to be in the high 60's if not 70's. Are rifle season is 1 week to the day from starting so hopefully the trend bucks itself off
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

The weather has certainly been all over the place here in central Missouri. Opening day of rifle season it was 32 degrees in the morning, today, it was 72 degrees by 9:00. Days like today sure make it extra important to keep your quarry up wind from ya.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
M92
Spike

Originally Posted by ecorrigan
Boy, I'd like to have a problem like that. My Dad and I went hunting on Saturday and when we got back out the temperature was around the -10 degree area with windchill. We saw plenty of deer, but nothing with antlers. I'd love to go hunting in something as warm as 40-degrees but that won't happen until the beginning of next years season!
Unfortunatly ya cant have it both ways. Either you have it cold with lots of deer, of warm with no deer. Be thankful for the cold weather. Id just about give my left nut for -10 F right now.

And Jrbsr. You know as well as I do that the laws are only going to get worse, too many liberals moving down here from up north for things to get better.

Hell they are requiring letters from the sheriff or a concealed carry permit to purchase crossbows for Christ's sake.

I remember when this used to actually be a state that respected its people.

Last edited by M92; 11-22-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Spike

It's really warm here in Indiana too, upper 60's for the afternoon and 45 this morning...lots of rain coming too Tuesday and Thursday (we do need rain though).
I always pictured hunting deer in the snow but doesn't looks like this is going to happen this year.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, we had the perfect storm for a bad hunt over the weekend in Texas... Unseasonably warm weather, full moon, 20-40 mph winds, AND the damn rancher let 200 new head of cattle loose in the 500 acre section that I hunt...
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

5 above and snowing here today. No time to hunt today. To busy plowing snow. 70 above would look really nice today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.