Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Biggest 8Pt Typical Buck On Record In The State Of MO >

Biggest 8Pt Typical Buck On Record In The State Of MO

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Biggest 8Pt Typical Buck On Record In The State Of MO

Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Biggest 8Pt Typical Buck On Record In The State Of MO

Thought you guys who appreciate big 8pt bucks that make the record book might like this one. This is a Booner! Darin Seabaugh killed this buck back in 2000 during the rifle season here in Southeast MO in Bollinger County. That is very unusual for these parts. What makes it even more appealing to me is that he killed it within about 25 miles from me. It scored 176 4/8 net typical. I think the brow tines were 6" each and the G2's and G3's were 12" or more. I believe it had 42" of cicumference measurements if I remember correctly. Very few 8pt bucks will ever make the 170 minumum grade.

Here's the link.

http://www.modeerhunter.com/2009MoDe...slides/z8.html

Last edited by Brad C.; 11-22-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like this type of Rack, the equal length and spread make for a good looking display. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Fork Horn

Why thank you sir. I remember when the picture of this deer was on the bulletin board at Jackson Bait & Tackle. My buddy said that it will make Boone & Crockett as an 8pt typical. I told him no way. I guess I just knew that the odds are way against that from ever happening especially this for south in MO. Plus the picture of it I guess didn't do the rack justice. But I ate my words and apologized for doubting my buddy. I think he told me the bases were right at 6". This rack has very few deductions all the way though.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

And if you want to see another monster 8pt from these parts that was killed by a young man this year in Cape Girardeau county, scroll down a few threads below this one and take a peek. That buck is huge. I don't know what it is going to score but it will be up there for a 8pt.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice. I would have taken out a small loan to get that one mounted if I had to!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

what a great deer