HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Just Got Another 300 plus acres In Illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/334722-just-got-another-300-plus-acres-illinois.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-21-2010 03:53 PM

Just Got Another 300 plus acres In Illinois

I have a small semi-guided outfitting service in Illinois, during the bow season we would have 1/2 of what the farmer owns, and the other 1/2 a really big time outfitter would have the other 1/2, when gun season rolls around we get to have it all. Today I get a call from my partner who was out there with our clients, he told me that the farmer was getting tired of the non-sense the outfitter was giving, paying him late (he is loaded with $$$$$), keeping the gates open allowing the cattle to get loose, also on Thursday before gun season is to start they can't hunt the other farms, we can bow hunt it and/or scout our choice. Well this year some of his guides came in to hunt themselves, we kicked them off. The farmer talked to the owner and more less feels he has the right to do what they did since he pays big money for this land, the farmer told him they have a written contract the spells it out. He didn't tell him he wasn't going to renew his lease next year, but I know he won't, he is a man of his word, and he loves that even in the summer we are out there (from New Jersey) to help out as much as we can. So now with what we have, and with this farm and at least one other farm we are getting, for sure we are set.

jrfrmn 11-21-2010 04:04 PM

AND!

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP (Post 3726351)
I have a small semi-guided outfitting service in Illinois, during the bow season we would have 1/2 of what the farmer owns, and the other 1/2 a really big time outfitter would have the other 1/2, when gun season rolls around we get to have it all. Today I get a call from my partner who was out there with our clients, he told me that the farmer was getting tired of the non-sense the outfitter was giving, paying him late (he is loaded with $$$$$), keeping the gates open allowing the cattle to get loose, also on Thursday before gun season is to start they can't hunt the other farms, we can bow hunt it and/or scout our choice. Well this year some of his guides came in to hunt themselves, we kicked them off. The farmer talked to the owner and more less feels he has the right to do what they did since he pays big money for this land, the farmer told him they have a written contract the spells it out. He didn't tell him he wasn't going to renew his lease next year, but I know he won't, he is a man of his word, and he loves that even in the summer we are out there (from New Jersey) to help out as much as we can. So now with what we have, and with this farm and at least one other farm we are getting, for sure we are set.

quote=BOWHUNTERCOP;3726351]I have a small semi-guided outfitting service in Illinois, during the bow season we would have 1/2 of what the farmer owns, and the other 1/2 a really big time outfitter would have the other 1/2, when gun season rolls around we get to have it all. Today I get a call from my partner who was out there with our clients, he told me that the farmer was getting tired of the non-sense the outfitter was giving, paying him late (he is loaded with $$$$$), keeping the gates open allowing the cattle to get loose, also on Thursday before gun season is to start they can't hunt the other farms, we can bow hunt it and/or scout our choice. Well this year some of his guides came in to hunt themselves, we kicked them off. The farmer talked to the owner and more less feels he has the right to do what they did since he pays big money for this land, the farmer told him they have a written contract the spells it out. He didn't tell him he wasn't going to renew his lease next year, but I know he won't, he is a man of his word, and he loves that even in the summer we are out there (from New Jersey) to help out as much as we can. So now with what we have, and with this farm and at least one other farm we are getting, for sure we are set.[/quote]

SecondChance 11-22-2010 07:37 PM

That made ahelluva lotta no sense!!!!!!!!!! :confused0024:

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-23-2010 02:13 AM

Your right and sorry that I didn't add more.

Reason I posted this was, it was a total surprised to me when I got the phone call about the 300 acres.

We are a small outfitting service in the Golden Triangle of Illinois if your looking to book a deer hunt for 2011, contact me for more info. We are semi-guided (this helps keep the price lower), hunt includes lodging & food, we will show you areas to hunt and where to hang your stand, with this done, makes for a more awarding hunt that you earned your deer somewhat on your own. For more info please contact me.

Joe

Stonewall308 11-23-2010 07:40 AM

I usually devote about 15 seconds to trying to decipher poorly written posts. On yours I gave up less than one third of the way through.

liv4upoutdoors 11-23-2010 01:37 PM

interested

Interested. Please let me know how to contact you.

naildriver2 11-23-2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stonewall308 (Post 3727398)
I usually devote about 15 seconds to trying to decipher poorly written posts. On yours I gave up less than one third of the way through.

ME TO. Just one more reason why I don't like people who lease up farms and run the neighbors off

SecondChance 11-23-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP (Post 3727258)
Your right and sorry that I didn't add more.

Reason I posted this was, it was a total surprised to me when I got the phone call about the 300 acres.

We are a small outfitting service in the Golden Triangle of Illinois if your looking to book a deer hunt for 2011, contact me for more info. We are semi-guided (this helps keep the price lower), hunt includes lodging & food, we will show you areas to hunt and where to hang your stand, with this done, makes for a more awarding hunt that you earned your deer somewhat on your own. For more info please contact me.

Joe

How is it you run a outfitting service in the "Golden Triangle" of Il and you live in NJ? Do you have people who stay there to manage the property and set up trail cameras, food plots etc... That and how does a really big outfitter who hunts/leases the other 1/2, give up his half for gun hunting? What counties are you speaking of for the "Golden Triangle"?

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-24-2010 01:36 AM

There are more then you think of outfitters not living in the area. The farmer and his family of course look over the lands. Either our lands have crops of different sorts, or the lands around us have them. Giving up the land to us for gun season is in his contract lease with the farmer, the outfitter has nearly 10,000 acres giving up roughly 400 acres isn't hurting him, most of our lands are in Brown County, with some farms in Pike County. We like to keep it our service small, we have no desire to become a big time outfitter. Any questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank you

hildy19 11-24-2010 08:29 AM

Im new here but i agree rather hard to understand but nice to know your land is close. I'm a senior this year and My grandparents have some land in brown county< i live and hunt in adams county on some great land, but i plan on starting a management program on their land in brown county and in adams, as well as some other places i hunt. Where exactly is this land you lease? BTW when you're not there i guarentee someone is their hunting it that shouldn't be. We run off quite a few people and i"ve aquired quite a few stands lol