Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ButchA scores!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck YN1! Glad so see someone is reaping the benefits of my home state! LOL! A balmy 80 here in GA and the deer arent moving till dark. I have until 15 Jan to get it done so I will keep at it. Sure wish I was home.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mackesr
Congrats on the buck. We are still chasing them around back here in Virginia. Supposed to get nice and cold for Friday.....
heck yes man, im in school till wed, goin hunting every day though after that, between the warmer weather and the full moon last week end they werent moving as they should

but yes its seems to have been almost a month and the bucks are still chasing
Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck bud! Congrats! Come back to Virginia and get another one....
Old 11-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I'm back home in Virginia (I got home around 6:00pm yesterday evening), after a great hunting trip up in New York.

My 5 point buck yielded this much meat (professionally done by a processing center):

6 packages of meatloaf (ground venison + the added meat mixture from the butcher's own family recipe).
4 packages of ground venison (i.e. hamburger)
4 venison stew cuts
8 venison steaks
6 venison backstraps
2 venison tenderloins
2 venison roasts

I had to bring it all home in 3 coolers with ice. Thank God it's the end of November and chilly outside, because all the meat was still frozen and unharmed during the 9 hour ride in a cooler in the back of my truck.

The processing center I went to was called The Farmer's Place http://www.joesfarmersplace.com
If you're ever in upstate New York, and need a processor, these guys are amazing!

They put in a "rush order" since I was out-of-state, and got the deer done in time for me to head back to VA. What was kind of funny, is after really checking the deer over, he was a 6 pointer, but somebody (probably the monster 10 pointer that all the locals were talking about) literally beat the crap out of him, and busted off his G3 tine, making him into a 5 pointer.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:56 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Butch, congratulations. Nice buck. I'll still skunked for general firearms season. Hoping to change that.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

great to see the excitement! Thats what i love about hunting...whether its a monster or a doe it always feels good to fill the freezer!