HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Taking A Young Marine Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/334575-taking-young-marine-hunting.html)

doetrain 11-19-2010 05:59 PM

Taking A Young Marine Hunting

My next door neighbors son is in the Marines and is home on leave. I outfited him in my extra gear and will roll him out of the sack at 4:00 am for a day of hunting. I'm going to give him my 50 cal. ML while I use my Bow tomarrow during gun season here in Indiana. Say a prayer wish us luck and GOD willing I'll help him get his first deer ever. Good Hunting to all this weekend!:fighting0007:

woodyw333 11-19-2010 08:58 PM

Good Luck... As long as you took him to sight it in he will put one down.. HOOAH!!!

Valentine 11-20-2010 06:26 AM

Oh lordy

I hope that Marine doesn't do a frontal charge on those deer and think his training is far superior to that of deer. :barmy:

scribbler444 11-20-2010 09:48 AM

a buddy of mine came hunting with me hes a marine scout sniper. He said he would shoot at anything less then 300 yards. We were walking high tension wires and saw a good buck across the way. I put my range finder on him he was 367yards he dropped him in his tracks. It was unreal he goes dam this is easy i felt like killing myself haha proud of him tho. He just passed away in october he stepped on a IED in afganistan, I wish theyd just nuke it off the map

reds10ss 11-20-2010 09:52 AM

thats a great thing to do doetrain..i bet u guys will have a blast.

doetrain 11-20-2010 04:27 PM

Well we did not get a shot at one today but we had a great day in the woods. We had lots of Does all around us but its gun season so it's Bucks only. I packed my bow around all day in different stands and blinds and we still hunted a little so we had a full days workout. One of the smart ones came up behind Tim the Marine and when he turned around she started blowind and alerting the whole herd. I had moved across the road to give him a good spot but I wish I would have stayed with him because I could have gotten my 3rd Doe a easy 25 yard shot. But you know if I had stayed with the bow she would not have been so bold to stand there and ruin the party. My Marine had a good day and I am taking him out a couple more times next week.

aaronu. 11-20-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by doetrain (Post 3725832)
Well we did not get a shot at one today but we had a great day in the woods. We had lots of Does all around us but its gun season so it's Bucks only. I packed my bow around all day in different stands and blinds and we still hunted a little so we had a full days workout. One of the smart ones came up behind Tim the Marine and when he turned around she started blowind and alerting the whole herd. I had moved across the road to give him a good spot but I wish I would have stayed with him because I could have gotten my 3rd Doe a easy 25 yard shot. But you know if I had stayed with the bow she would not have been so bold to stand there and ruin the party. My Marine had a good day and I am taking him out a couple more times next week.

The two of you are heros in my book.

doetrain 11-21-2010 04:48 PM

I excited for Tim because he is going to get to hunt tomarrow with a fellow wounded warrior home on leave from and injury suffered in Afganistan by an IED. He came over tonight like a kid in the candy store asking to borrow my TC ML for the next couple of days. Kenny the wounded Brother in arms gave him his climbing stand because his wounds make it hard for him to use it. I put my ML in his hands and shared his pump about going out this week to a target rich hunting spot sharing his positive I'm going to get it done attitude. I pray to Almighty GOD that he gives them both good success on their hunt. Kenny already busted a 10 pointer in KY. Last week so he is going to help Tim get his first Buck. Man I get such a thrill at taking others hunting and simply love doing all I can to help them succeed. I'll let ya'll know how it plays out. I love my fellow Brothers In Arms!