Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Another indiana 19 pointer down. >

Another indiana 19 pointer down.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another indiana 19 pointer down.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default Another indiana 19 pointer down.

My friend's uncle shot a 19 pointer yesterday evening. I saw a picture. Its a nice deer. Ill post the picture this evening.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Spike

Its an amazing buck! He posted some pictures of this beauty on FeederCams.com Definitely a wall mounter!

Last edited by feedercams; 11-20-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by feedercams
Its an amazing buck! He posted some pictures of this beauty on FeederCams.com Definitely a wall mounter!
and how do you know? lol.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

here's the picture
Attached Thumbnails Another indiana 19 pointer down.-19.jpg  
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent buck ! Congrats to your friend !
Old 11-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Fork Horn

Great buck.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once again I look upon these nice Hoosier Deer and I say only letting us shoot one Buck in our state is paying off big time. Now lets nock down some of these good eating Does!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

More evidence that Indiana's one buck program is working. Here is a link to one gun shop that has a check in station. Many years ago you might see one or two deer of this caliber be checked in at a particular check station. Look at the bucks that came in on week one in a small town check station.
http://www.ludcogunshop.net/archives/1690
Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
Once again I look upon these nice Hoosier Deer and I say only letting us shoot one Buck in our state is paying off big time. Now lets nock down some of these good eating Does!
you got it! I complained to DNR headquarters that the buck to doe ratio was totally out of whack. The guy told me that according to the tests they did, everything looked fine. They didnt go out and do field observations. They took their statistics from the number of bucks to doe's shot each year. The numbers were close. They didnt count button bucks or anything.

But the problem with this is that most people were holding out for bucks and not shooting does. If the ratio was closer to being 50/50 then I think the number of bucks being shot would be higher than the doe's just for the fact that most people are looking for a buck.

Anyways, the year I complained is the year the rules began changing. The doe bag limits went way up.

And if they want bigger bucks in Indiana, I think a 4 point rule would do the trick. More bucks would have a chance to gain some years. a 4 point, 1 buck rule. It would be tougher to get a buck for the first 2 or 3 years, but after that, there should be quite a few niceee bucks running around.

I could be wrong
Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
More evidence that Indiana's one buck program is working. Here is a link to one gun shop that has a check in station. Many years ago you might see one or two deer of this caliber be checked in at a particular check station. Look at the bucks that came in on week one in a small town check station.
http://www.ludcogunshop.net/archives/1690

Looks like the new rules have turned us into a big buck state. Just a matter of time now before our reputation matches every state around us. Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan... big buck states. Our turn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.