Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills >

Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills

Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM
M92
Spike

I hear ya. Its just been too hot down here this year.

Ive been hunting off and on since the mid 80s. But every once in a while ya run into a dry spell. And this is only my second year hunting in NC. Still dialing everything in.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
I think the better question is how many years have we hunted versus how many deer we have killed.
I have hunted now for 20 years this year. I have recorded exactly 5 kills. It's the nature of hunting. You don't kill a deer every year, and I for one am good with it.
I don't think it's a better question.

iSnipe
Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first season, two years ago (3 seasons ago), I hunted a total of three days and in those three days killed two turkeys and three deer. That's what ya might call, "beginner's luck."

My second season I probably hunted 12 different days and killed two deer but could have taken a couple more (one was a misfire, and one was a very big doe in the mountains, but my friend and I agreed only to kill huge bucks since the hike down to the car was very long and very hard.

This year I have been out about seven times and have killed two deer...maybe three (search pending). From this point on, I'll probably only get the hunt the weekends though.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

if I am looking to fill the freezer with does it's an 80% chance I will conect. now a buck on the other hand it seems to be about every 2-3 years I get a crack at a shooter.

I tag 6+ deer a year
Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 PM
M92
Spike

Im still blaming it on the weather and not knowing the deer down here yet (and not being able to hunt on base anymore) Last year I filled my tags. But its ok. Season down here doesnt close till Jan 1, which means I have two and a half weeks of hunting left. Ain't NC great? Open the bow season when its still 95 degrees then close em bout the time we get our first snow?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Spike

Scratch that! got my first buck in eight years today! 8 point 171 pounds