Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills >

Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats your ratio of number of hunts to number of kills

Old 11-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Spike

It's like anyone else... some years you tag out first day or soon after and some years the season drags on forever! 2 years ago I got my buck on Feb. 3 (last 30 min. of Ohio season) so I must have hunted at least 30 times. As an average I'd say approx. 15 sits would seem reasonable.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Spike

Tacswa3, IMHO, don't get hung up on ratios and antler fetish. Enjoy your hunting time for what it is, a celebration of freedom and love of the outdoors. Set goals for yourself, learn from your mistakes and don't feel like kills are the representation of what kind of man you are. Deer hunting involves many things. There are people that have access to land that most could only dream of. Some will hunt one particular deer all season and not harvest it, then spend the rest of the year trying to find evidence that he made it through. Some will harvest more bucks in a season than others will see their whole lives. Some will wait for a trophy and others harvest the first legal buck. My point is to set your own standards, follow game laws, help others and most of all don't hunt for what others think. Hunt for yourself and enjoy every minute of it and "Be Safe"
Good luck hunting.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here we can only get one or two deer in a season. I have only ever "not" gotten one once dating way back.
We will see a ton of deer in just a few short days though. Most years I will have a afriend or two along and we have a pretty leisurely time of it. In no particular hurry and plenty of time off work we often take turns "hunting" and spotting.

Last edited by skb2706; 11-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by skb2706
Here we can only get one or two deer in a season. I have only ever "not" gotten one once dating way back.
We will see a ton of deer in just a few short days though. Most years I will have a afriend or two along and we have a pretty leisurely time of it. In no particular hurry and plenty of time off work we often take turns "hunting" and spotting.
That is exactly what I am talking about. Sounds like a good time. I love nothing more than sitting with a friend in the woods, eat lunch and talk about what we saw in the morning. A nice short nap at the base of a big Oak or rock on a sunny fall afternoon is always nice as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

Im picky about what i shoot, so i dont let an arrow fly or a bullet fly every chance i get. Ive sat about 20 times this year im guessing. Ive shot 3 deer, 2 does and 1 buck. Ive probably passed on about 200 deer though so far this season, the other morning i passed on 23 deer in just 2 hours. For me i just love being out there and when im fortuante enough to take a shot at an animal that i want im even more thrilled. Granted I am on doe duty now, so my doe numbers might start to climb here in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to say it's 1 to 1 but it isn't even close.
Mind you I see alot of bucks I can legally shoot most of the time but I havn't killed one in 6 years. So it about 0 kills in about 200 deer hunting days over the last 6 yrs. Moose and elk and sheep and goat are much higher depending if it's my turn to shoot but since it is not always and I'm out packing or calling Elk is almost 1 to 2, moose 1 to 2 ,sheep 1 to 5, and goat 1 to 1.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Iv been out in the woods since season ended last year. Been watching them since, Actually hunting.... been out every day since season opened and just killed my 1st deer of the season saturday November 13. And it was my record buck so far. So now just 3 does and my season up
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I think this question is getting a lille personal..
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 AM
M92
Spike

I am batting a big fat zero.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

it is not something that happens over night "most of the time" i have been hunting since 2003 and killed my first one last year because i always waited on shots like i saw on tv untill i just took the shots that i felt i could make even know they were not perfict that is why i use rage broadheads they will kill any thing where ever you hit them lol but it will happen for you just put your time in and good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.