Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got a doe... kinda odd.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Got a doe... kinda odd.

Lastnight I was watching a movie when the police scanner went off. Someone was burning trash (Under a burn ban) and the fire dept. got called. Couple minutes later I hear the sirens go past the house, and then they announce that one of the trucks hit a deer by the cemetary, which is just 100 yards from here. I went outside and looked. I walked up the road with a flashlight and there was a big doe standing about 20 yards away just staring at me. You could tell she wasnt hurt so I figured maybe she just clipped the truck... WRONG DEER. lol. as I was walking back down the road I saw the fire trucks coming back, and they stopped almost a quarter mile from the cemetary. All their lights were flashing and the first responder lights were flashing. It looked like someone had a wreck down there. But I saw the deer laying in the headlights. I walked down and talked to them. They said a cop was coming out to do a report so I stuck around. Finally no one wanted the deer, so the cop gave me a permit.

So I guess even though I didnt get the monster buck I saw earlier that day, I still ended up with a deer. But I still want that monster buck.