Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun Deer Only

Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Spike

Default My Pike County IL Buck

Got this bruiser on Saturday of first season. Got up on me while I was walking a draw to my dad, shot him on the run and dropped him in his track. I kind of just sat there and looked at him from about 80 yards away in awe of what I had just harvested. Green scored at 183 6/8" the pictures are from my phone and dont do him justice

Gun Deer Only-imag0089.jpg

Gun Deer Only-imag0090.jpg

Gun Deer Only-imag0097.jpg
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by buckfever8991
Got this bruiser on Saturday of first season. Got up on me while I was walking a draw to my dad, shot him on the run and dropped him in his track. I kind of just sat there and looked at him from about 80 yards away in awe of what I had just harvested. Green scored at 183 6/8" the pictures are from my phone and dont do him justice

Attachment 19960

Attachment 19961

Attachment 19962
Nice buck! Looks like a shotgun kill? A little info on the gun and load if you don't mind?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not seeing 186 inches. I'm trying to get better at rough judging deer. Mind posting is dimensions?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

This seasons 2nd buck with a Muzzleloader, taken yesterday. Unfortunatly, he's busted both G4's and according to trail cam pix.... that cost me several inches, as they were beautiful full points. He is one of the better bodied bucks I've killed in a awhile.... over 300# on-the-hoof.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

here some pics of mine they were killed in baltimore county md
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-img_0946.jpg   Gun Deer Only-img_0942.jpg   Gun Deer Only-img_0944.jpg  
Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tidewater VA

Originally Posted by LEE BROWN
Yes in a few cities here in southeast VA. we have early season that starts Oct. 1st for deer and bear with firearms.
You belong to King George Hunt Club by chance?

Hunted there a dogs-age ago with a friend and my Father In Law.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeppedyDogg
You belong to King George Hunt Club by chance?

Hunted there a dogs-age ago with a friend and my Father In Law.
No, Im in the far southeast part by Norfolk. Never heard of that club.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Spike

WOW have done a great hunting
Old 12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my wife's largest buck to date. She shot it last Saturday in Ohio. The bases on this buck are 5 1/2 inches. She was tickled to death with him.
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-linda-s-buck.jpg  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Spike

Default No bowhunted bucks because.....

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
It appears that the rifle or shotgun deer seasons are starting about now for most in this forum.

Let's use this thread to post pics of your deer taken by gun hunting. No bowhunted bucks (since you guys get a season that lasts for months and get first shot at all the big ones).

Maybe someone in here will get some nice ones!

Good luck!!

It would be neat if the moderator could keep this at the top (sticky) for a month or so.

I was just looking at the pictures and I was shocked to see your comment about no bowhunted bucks in the thread. Yes, I agree there should be different threads for each. But for entirely the opposite reason. Bowhunting is much more difficult. Getting a trophy within 30yds is nothing compared to shooting one over a corn pile, like most gun hunters do, out to nearly a half mile. I am a talented gun and bow hunter and gun hunting is hardly a sport compared to bow hunting. You don't even have to worry about scent elimination or getting close to a trail or food/ water source. Not to put down the sport, gun hunting is the best way to get meat, thats about it. Just not much thrill in KILLING with a gun, get a bow and actually go HUNTING. Again, not to put down the sport, but the first thread started it. I assume you were joking because it is such an absurd notion, but I'm not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.