Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun Deer Only

Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the 8 pointer (18 inch inside spread) that I took on 11/20/10 during first season in Illinois...
Old 11-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Opening day 3 point at 415 yds
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-img_1128.jpg  

Last edited by bharv; 11-26-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Last day of the Ontario Hunt

Here's the one I got on the last day of the Ontario Rifle season.
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-snowyowlbuck.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Took this guy with a .243 on the morning of Black Friday.
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-341.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Spike

Got this one yesterday on a man drive with 00 buckshot here in Virginia.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to all on your deer and nice pics! I came "this close" to a real beauty. I was in the farthest stand we have (120 acres hunted by six of us) bordering the neighbors. A stream runs through the marsh dividing the properties. My SIL who got his deer was sitting with me in this stand when one of the hunters of the other property came in and parked himself 150 yards from us in a tree just on the other side of the stream. I doubt he even checked to see if we were in our stand. He also wasn't legal (black hat). Numerous doe came through by us that kept looking back like there might be a buck following. There was. It came out right at closing time and the hunter blasted it. I caught it in my scope and it was darting left and right and would just stop so you'd think you lost it but I caught on. This moron (and he was) blasted him again. Then the deer came on our side, not wounded very badly apparently. I got the deer in my sights and he was coming toward me about 75 yards away. I started to squeeze and quickly stopped when this bozo appeared in my scope running after the deer and shooting (in our direction at it). We could see the muzzle flash. He finally shot it probably three more times. I didn't think you could kill a deer without hitting it in the vitals but this guy did. We went over to it and there was nothing left of the meat. The heart was good yet though. The deer probably died so he wouldn't have to take any more of this guys torture. It was a beautiful high eight point only about 15" wide but LONG tines and HEAVY. Huge body also. So not knowing the "rules" as to how to deal with this guy coming on our land to finish off his deer we just walked away. We did tell our "leader" about the whole thing and he was pissed. Saturday he shot a bigger 8-pointer off that stand and the deer was on the neighbor's land. He said we got even for that but he's still going to talk to the owner about this guy firing in our direction etc. All in all we got three bucks off the land. One guy had three bucks come out together and missed the huge one and got a small one. Another guy got a decent one. One of the giants was shot a mile or two away on other land. Next year maybe will be better for me.

My pics of the hunt are too big (I got a new 14.1 megapixel Sony camera) so have to shrink them first.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Here's some pics. View out of my stand (high oak woods) and a couple deer some other guys got opening day (along with a coyote).
Attached Thumbnails Gun Deer Only-dsc00171a.jpg   Gun Deer Only-dsc00173a.jpg   Gun Deer Only-dsc00174a.jpg   Gun Deer Only-dsc00179a.jpg   Gun Deer Only-dsc00181a.jpg  

Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Massachusetts Gun opened yesterday AM. I shot this nice 6 on state land in the middle of nowhere!!
Remington 1100 12 guage w/ Winchester Partition Gold Slugs.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

hey im new to this site and am not great with computers lol...how do i post pictures?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JakeGrice
hey im new to this site and am not great with computers lol...how do i post pictures?
This post should help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.