Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kangaroo while deer hunting?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Spike

Default Response to Daveboone:3723344

Originally Posted by Daveboone
That was last year as I recall. In the same general area that the "roo" was loose in we have seen ostriches (maybe emus?) several times that have apparently gotten out of the same facility.
My story took place several years ago in the finger lakes region in the town of Groton NY. Could it be that there has been more than one kangaroo running around NY during hunting season. LOL.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

A couple years ago a buddy of mine was sitting on stand watching a little 6 point check a scrape about 25 yards from his tree. He looked down the field line and saw a bighorn ram. It came in and chased that little 6 point away. This was in southeast MO. There's an exotic animal farm about a mile away from his place. Not sure if they ever got it back. I hunt a 1/2 mile from him but never saw it.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Well isnt there that law that if its a animal not native to that area u can kill it =D
Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Just as if you shoot a cow you can be liable to the owner, it is the same (at least in NY) that you can be liable on an exotic species. Several years ago when I was motorcycling I had a mature bull Elk walk across the road in front of me. That was a shocker! I was aware that a landowner kept exotic species nearby. I hope he caught up with it before deer season opened...it would have been tempting!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Spike

I had a horse walk within 5 steps of me just yesterday before seeing me and bolting off in the other direction. Five minutes later two red foxes came by at about 15 paces. I guess I was concealed a little better than I thought lol.