Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kangaroo while deer hunting?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Spike

Default Kangaroo while deer hunting?

Check out this story about encountering a red kangaroo while hunting white tails in the finger lakes region of NY. True story at http://wildramblings.com/?p=1238 .

Wildbill51
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????
Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

well there was the one wallaroo last year in canastota that escaped but got killed (i forgot how)
Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Try walking into this mean SOB in the middle of the night.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

That was last year as I recall. In the same general area that the "roo" was loose in we have seen ostriches (maybe emus?) several times that have apparently gotten out of the same facility.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Dang r u serious, youguys see that stuff? From the same place?! Dang they dont know how to keep control of their animals then, if i saw one of them things infront of my stand, it would be dead!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Spike

I was out last week and had a huge LLama run by my treestand, took a crappy pic with my camera phone because I figured everyone would think I was drinking or smoking some funny cigarettes in the woods. The rest of the group saw it on the gun opener and believed me. So far it's the funniest hunting story I personally have.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blueahlijr
Dang r u serious, youguys see that stuff? From the same place?! Dang they dont know how to keep control of their animals then, if i saw one of them things infront of my stand, it would be dead!
Are you frickin' kidding me? You know how much negative press that would garner? "Deer hunter didn't see any deer, so he shot a kangaroo instead. Just to do it."
Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple guys I know are getting a cow on their trail cams. They hunt the big woods with no farms nearby. I guess it's been wandering for a while.

A kangaroo is much more interesting.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

I have never seen anything like that out in the woods though a friend of mine did walk up on an Emu while going to his stand last year. He said it scared the heck out of him because it was so tall and prehistoric looking. He took a picture with his cell phone in case no one believed him. Never know what you are going to see out there anymore.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.