Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My son's buck

Old 11-15-2010, 05:47 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Default My son's buck

MY son shot this 8 pt last night on my in laws farm. He is 7 yrs old and this is is 3rd deer. I don't know who was happier, me, my son, or his papa. I am also attaching a pic of the buck he killed last year on his other papa's farm. The kid is off to alot better start than me. I give all the credit to his guide.lol
Attached Thumbnails My son's buck-eli-s-buck-289.jpg   My son's buck-eli-s-buck-pictures-001.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice deer.Great job
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

Man, what a start! Congrats to the hunter and guide.lol
Old 11-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Fork Horn

awesome deer for that young man, congrats!! i know you are a proud father. I have a 6 1/2yr old im trying to put on his first deer and i cant wait.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

I wish they would have let kids hunt as young as that when i was a kid. congrats to him
Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DTC
MY son shot this 8 pt last night on my in laws farm. He is 7 yrs old and this is is 3rd deer. I don't know who was happier, me, my son, or his papa. I am also attaching a pic of the buck he killed last year on his other papa's farm. The kid is off to alot better start than me. I give all the credit to his guide.lol
I was exactly the same age as your son when I killed my first one, and I remember my dad being so proud of me for the clean kill, not to mention my first kill. Unfortunately it was a bitter sweet hunt. I shot it in the waning hours of the last day and we didn't find it until it was too late the Monday after season closed so we didn't get to check it in. Still it was a moment that will never be forgotten and you should cherish this with your son. And remember the lessons he will learn and the respect he will gain will come from his father.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

congrats its always nice to see pics of the youngins successful hunts
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

Wow such great pictures. Those definetly are some of the most memorable father son moments he won't forget. My family didn't hunt, it wasn't until I married my wife that I got into it. This will be my second year, hopefully get one this year. I got one on trail cam looks very close to the one he just bagged.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Thats once heck of a nice deer! any deer is a trouphy to a young hunter.....and to a lot of experienced hunters.
Thats awsome that you could be there with him! and idk wat u mean by hes started out better then you cuz to me if looks like u both scored big!
Let your son know that all of us on here Congratz him on a awsome deer!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you and your son on a great buck!