Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Am i crazy?  Do you ever do this? >

Am i crazy? Do you ever do this?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am i crazy? Do you ever do this?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Am i crazy? Do you ever do this?

Ok so i am either gonna sound crazy or lots of you will have had the same thing happen. Have you ever been hunting in the woods and after staring at a certain area for a while you will see certain images. For example the way a few tress have fallen on one another, or a broken stump or anythineg else in the woods looks like an image, a face, another animal etc...

Its hard to explain but if you have had it happen you will definitely now what i mean. Or im just crazy!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Spike

Happens to me all the time! Especially in the early morning or late evening hours. Usually the mind just plays those tricks on ya when you're tired or seriously concentrating to see something. I usually just take out the binoculars and double check that in fact I am crazy!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Must have been the mushrooms you picked and ate from the ground next to ya!

Yeah, happens to me all the time!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Spike

You are not alone. Happens to me all the times. Sometimes it is a welcome bit of excitement. The Binos always sort that out though.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

All the time, a pile of brown branches will look like a deer. or a leaf blowing in the wind will look like a deer tail flickering. kinda makes me angry when its not lol.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Spike

Happens to me before the suns up. Drives me nuts!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

all the time bradah...abe lincoln, pac-man..a bus...clouds too..
1 time i just thought i was seeing deer, but they were really there...it is sandy where i hunt and lots of pines and brush too..i do realize that i probably need abreak, but never taken one, cause i know as soon as i leave, drop time is walking out lol
Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

It's sort of like those puzzles you have to stare at, then an image pops out at ya. Boom!! Holy Crapola! Look at that. And a lot of times, you'll look at that area, stare, stare, then, the almighty question, "Is that an ear" and you'll look at it for the longest of time. Then, all of sudden, it MOVES. And you say, "All right you son-of-a-biotch, I've got ya!". Tried to fool me, but most of the time, they do anyway!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Halfbaked i am right there with you. Hahah. Thank God. I swore the other day i saw a donkey in the woods. Not kidding. I had to stare at it like a hundred times to convice my self it was just an old tree that was fallen down and decaying. Once I swore I was looking at the front of an army tank about 100 yards away. Weird stuff but apparently I am not as crazy as i thought.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by longislandhunter
Hey Halfbaked i am right there with you. Hahah. Thank God. I swore the other day i saw a donkey in the woods. Not kidding. I had to stare at it like a hundred times to convice my self it was just an old tree that was fallen down and decaying. Once I swore I was looking at the front of an army tank about 100 yards away. Weird stuff but apparently I am not as crazy as i thought.
hahahahah, i'd crap myself if i thought i saw an army tank coming my way in the woods....but it definitely happens to me, more when the sun starts going down though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.