Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Think its safe to say I may be retarted. >

Think its safe to say I may be retarted.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Think its safe to say I may be retarted.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Think its safe to say I may be retarted.

Well I am a bit embarrassed to even tell this one but I feel this needs to be knowin lol,I took the niece out hunting with me ,was sunny but a little cold and we set up on a fallen tree,well here come a 6 point buck he comes in but no shot to many branches he catches wind of us and turns around and walks out of view,so we move to a different downed tree what happens next has still got my stomach spinning so much that here at 8 pm I still haven't touched any supper,it is 3:45 in the pm and here comes this huge 10 point buck wider then anything I have encountered while in the timber he has great tine length as well,he comes in to 3 feet of us and guess what my moron a** does I try to shoot through a hole in the roots rather then wait 3 seconds for one of the easiest shots in the world one where I really wouldnt even need to aim,I dont know what is happening to me I am not a rookie bow hunter by any means,I have over 14 years under my belt but this year I have made every mistake possible its sick.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

sucks dude, sometimes that big buck gets the best of our minds
Old 11-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your not retarded. You just came down with all the symptoms a Flu called Buck Fever.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

really wanted to show the niece how it was done.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

yeah thanks guys it just gets frustrating to have these opportunities and blow them.

Last edited by blackhawk_archery; 11-14-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Heh...well, since you misspelled "retarded" you might be on to something there.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mac266
Heh...well, since you misspelled "retarded" you might be on to something there.
Lol I feel like it trust me,the thing about this,is its a 30-40 acre patch of timber on the banks of the IL river and public hunting ground only 3 or 4 guys go hunting there,I had run into one of the guys and we was talking for a minute and he was telling me he has been seeing a really big buck every time he hunts it,I assume it is the buck I had the shot at tonight but what I want to say is after the shot this buck only ran about 30 yards and just walked off like nothing even happened,so would you all think he will come back through? The rut is on and this timber is loaded with action so much so that I wont tell the name of the place.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
really wanted to show the niece how it was done.
if the rut is in i think he will forget about it. let the spot rest for about 2-3 days then go back and hunt it, if you feel like you giving it to much pressure back off. this buck will completely forget about it, all he is think is about finding does, chasing does, and breeding does.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
so would you all think he will come back through? The rut is on and this timber is loaded with action so much so that I wont tell the name of the place.
More than likely he will. I'm not an experienced hunter but recently I've had a couple deer blow and then take off and I seen them the next day in the same spot. One of em was huge but he stayed in the (very) thick stuff both times and I never got a shot. My dad was in a close by stand and shot a little six point the first day I seen him and of course it ran right to me and dropped ten yards from my stand (he didn't put a great shot on it). That big buck wasn't gonna walk out into the open after that though. Secong day I just caught a glimps of him walking about 100 yards down in the bottom to my left.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
if the rut is in i think he will forget about it. let the spot rest for about 2-3 days then go back and hunt it, if you feel like you giving it to much pressure back off. this buck will completely forget about it, all he is think is about finding does, chasing does, and breeding does.
I would love to wait a couple days but I have to go tomorrow cause I wont be able to hunt the area because I have to many thing to do like shoot my slug gun and all that,appreciate the tips tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.