Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Think its safe to say I may be retarted. >

Think its safe to say I may be retarted.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Think its safe to say I may be retarted.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Master Chief
More than likely he will. I'm not an experienced hunter but recently I've had a couple deer blow and then take off and I seen them the next day in the same spot. One of em was huge but he stayed in the (very) thick stuff both times and I never got a shot. My dad was in a close by stand and shot a little six point the first day I seen him and of course it ran right to me and dropped ten yards from my stand (he didn't put a great shot on it). That big buck wasn't gonna walk out into the open after that though. Secong day I just caught a glimps of him walking about 100 yards down in the bottom to my left.
Sorry to hear about that hopefully you will get a chance at him soon.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

I am taking the camera in the morning see what happens havent seen any deer hunting the place in the mornings but only have hunted it twice in the am hopefully if I cant get a shot I can at least get some photos for you guys,its a heck of a place,even when you dont see deer.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

You gonna be up in a tree stand or on the ground ? If you can switch up, could help your chances. Good luck getting em. At least your niece saw that your a decent hunter, can get em close, and like all of us, human. Hopefully those pictures will be of you holding the rack!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's why you're better off lettin us city boys make the decisions...haha.

live and learn, oh well, maybe you'll get a 2nd shot at him, or a bigger one!