HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My 1st Ohio Bow Buck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/334142-my-1st-ohio-bow-buck.html)

blueahlijr 11-14-2010 01:25 PM

My 1st Ohio Bow Buck!

5 Attachment(s)
For the last 2 weeks, I have been watching the bucks in my "2nd" hunting property. After a few days i decided where i had my stand set up at the top of a valley wasnt the rite spot, So rite after school on Thursday at about 2:30pm I went straight to the woods amd replaced my stand along a large path the heads down east side of the valley, The valley is around 100yards to each side. Thursday night and Friday i didnt hunt to let it all settle down. At 5am saturday morning November 13, 2010 I packed up my gear and headed out to the woods. Made it up in my stand around 5:45am. At around 7:15am the switch was turned on. 2 bucks had come down from top of the westside of the valley, Rite away the started fighting, then i catch a glimps of another buck comeing down from that side of the valley but farther down, Rite away he started chasing them off. I knew he was a nice big deer, He had chased one all threw the valley, Then he came all the way back and chased off another buck that i didnt know off and not really sure where he had come from, About 20 mins later they had all disupeared. At around 10:00am i heared some leafs crunching to my back left on the otherside of the path beside me, off in the woods still. I turned around and say a nice rack. Rite away i knew he was good enough for my First Bow Buck, I stoped focusing on his antlers so much, Mainly because I get so pumped up I shake to much. I stood up slowly, drew back my bow and it worked out perfect, He got rite on the path and walked rite down infront of me just slighly 1/4 away, I let the arrow fly at 10:20am, But I was still shaking, I watched the arrow hit, I thought i had hit him to far back, About 4-6in mabey more rite behind the shoulder. 15mins later I called my uncle that is a long time hunter and the founder of his hunting team Black River OutDoors, We then decided that if i think i had a bad shot we'ed give him till dark, thinking it was a gut shot. All day it was killing me! At 6pm My Uncle, Our long time friend Eddie (also part of the team), and Myself, met at the woods. The Blood trail started out with just a few specks here and there, But after about 15yards the blood started really good, Piles of blood, It looked good, a nice bright red with some black from the liver, After about 60yards of tracking, This is what i found. He was alot bigger then i had thought and I am very proud of him! If you count his broken main beam and the sticker off hit G1 on the right side, he is a 10 point, if not then hes a 8. I dont care what you call him, Hes a awsome buck for my 1st Bow buck!
~Blue!

WVCritter 11-14-2010 01:30 PM

Congrats on a great buck. I'd be proud of him too!

blueahlijr 11-14-2010 04:22 PM

Thanks Critter

tsaxybabe 11-14-2010 04:38 PM

Wow he's super wide! Post up a score when you get one. Awesome deer!

WIbuckchaser 11-14-2010 04:38 PM

You bet that's a nice buck, Congrats!!!

blueahlijr 11-14-2010 04:50 PM

I will post the score ASAP wen i get it. About 7 months and ill have him back from the Taxi! =D

Brow Tine Productions 11-14-2010 10:15 PM

Thats a great looking buck. Congrats! BTW what county you hunting in?

blueahlijr 11-15-2010 10:50 AM

Lorain county, Im from the little town of Wellington.

reds10ss 11-15-2010 02:24 PM

hell yea man great buck

doall hunter 11-15-2010 02:29 PM

Great Buck. He Is a nice'un