Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

stupid dog walker

Old 11-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

im not actually going to do anything to the dogs guys that part was a joke
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

ill start with accident brush piles scattered all across the trail to make her go elsewhere more posted signs then if all else fails, conservation will be called also I believe there is a law about walking a unleashed dog
Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Talk to the local Warden about Hunter Harrasment
Or if Its ok to Do, Drop Several Big trees in a way it's Not worth it for her to walk there and block the trail and surrounding area pending how thick it is
Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still not clear - is she trespassing?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Spike

Dig a big hole, cover it with brush....set a trap for her. Dont forget to have a basket with some lotion in it...
Old 11-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

"But I don't know whose land the trail is actually on". I think you need to spend more time checking ownership and land lines prior to hunting season. She might own the land.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

she definately does own the land that much i know, I walked straight line to house on the other side and asked if they owned it he said they did so I asked if I could possibly post it and said yea sure what the hell do i care
Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put a note out that you have fox traps placed on the trail. Be careful walking your dog's!!! She will never walk there again
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a bad idea stabnslab! That will get her thinking about her dogs safety. I hate bizzy bodies. I got a call from San Francisco from some fruitloop crying about trapping coyotes and how we should leave em alone. The urban yotes there are eating dogs in there homes! pet doors let em in, but my guy loves snaring the little devils. Company policy (set by me) says no coyote left behind (alive) She hated hearing that from me... But im OK with that! LOL!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Spike

Look guys, all kidding aside, the future of our sport is in peril. playing games in the woods, cutting trees, etc. is all going to result in more people who hate us and more posted signs.

From your description of the land, she has just as much right to be in the woods walking her dogs as you do hunting.

try talking to her, telling her about deer management, how the deer starve in the winter, etc. etc., be polite and respectful above all.
Find out what her issue is and try to address it.

And if that doesn't help, tell her it is OK to walk the dogs in the morning and afternoon, but please, please don't walk the dogs in the middle of the day - that is prime hunting time!! (a little reverse pyschology)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.