Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

stupid dog walker

Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default stupid dog walker

So november 6th I posted I missed I missed a huge 8 point. I have since then seen him 3 times. The first time he was walking up a ridge to me and all of a sudden a lady comes walking threw with 3 dogs!!!!!!! and he books off running. Second time the next day he is walking 50 yards opposite ridge and wouldnt come closer. Third time he is walking up the same ridge as before and this stupid ass lady comes walking through with her dogs. She never walked herebefore and all of a sudden shes walking there everyday. I hunt my friends property and it goes down a ridge till it gets flat. then theres a small trail that this stupid woman walks on. I have posted all the way up to the trail. I even wrote a note and left it at the beginning of the trail where she comes to. Telling her I have been hunting here for years. If she can please walk her dogs a different path during hunting season and i wrote the dates. I also advised her that it isnt wise to walk her dogs off there leashes during hunting season. After doing this she now walks her dogs even more everyday first light and everyday last light. She ripped down my sign to. So today i put a treestand rite on the trail hoping that will stop her. What else should i do? I need advice she has screwed up the deer natural pattern and now they come from a total different way. She never walked her dog here in the passed I dont get why she has to be a b**** and do it now
Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Im thinking about setting up a stand off the trail that she can see and putting a hunter decoy there in blaze orange so she can see it but wont no wut it is. Either that or dog treats filled with ex lax, this is getting mighty frustrating
Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by scribbler444
Im thinking about setting up a stand off the trail that she can see and putting a hunter decoy there in blaze orange so she can see it but wont no wut it is. Either that or dog treats filled with ex lax, this is getting mighty frustrating
Is this public land?
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

the whole srip of woods is private land, my friends land seems to go up to this trail figures another 5 feet and the whole trail would be his land. But I dont no who owns the land that the trail is actually on
Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by scribbler444
the whole srip of woods is private land, my friends land seems to go up to this trail figures another 5 feet and the whole trail would be his land. But I dont no who owns the land that the trail is actually on
Wow I hope she doesn't run him off for good. Maybe she's anti hunting! But she's not too bright if you have informed here you are hunting there. I don't really know if there is anything you can do if she is on public land or her own land. Is there any way you can get on the other side of that ridge! Just a thought!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

its definately not public land just a worn down trail from neighbor hood people walking dogs I put a sign up on the oppostie side of the trail and that guy seems to care and hasnt been down the trail once since. This lady a different story she comes EVERY SINGLE DAY MORE THEN ONCE!!!! Im the only one who hunts this strip of woods and it bumps up next to a animal resovoir so there are some dandis that come through except that will all change if i cant get this lady out of there
Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

HaHa. This reminds me of an old hunting spot on Beaties Ford Rd. we had. There was this really anti-hunting lady who owned land next to our hunting tract. Everytime we would park in the evening to go hunting she would always be there telling us how wrong hunting was and how she would go through the woods on her land and ring bells and spray perfume etc. [Looking on topo maps her land was tops]. Anyway we ALWAYS saw deer and scored on some nice deer. She would leave these partion type letters on trees along the roadway to stop hunting with her number.
I ended up quiting hunting there cause it was aggravating.
But the funny part was my buddy would call her number and tell when he was going to hunt there so she'd go through ringing her bell and chase all the good deer to him.lol. She was the one causing all the bountiful meat in his freezer.
But to the original question, me personally I wouldn't hurt the dog.
I'd print off an official looking form from the internet, looking like a Fish and Wildlife notice informing the public about an outbreak of rabies or something and post it at the trail head.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where does the deer go when the woman spooks him? Use the deers escape rout and post on it. Dont let the woman know she and her dogs are driving deer for you. Then send her a thank you letter and a picture of you and your deer!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Just call the wildlife officer, and tell him, or her that a crazy lady is harressing you when you are hunting.
It's not legal for her to do that.
And let him, or her tell the lady to leave you alone.
Just an idea.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

I would contact some type of law enforcement or DNR. My only thing other than that that i would like to say is please don't punish the dogs for the lady's wrong doing. They are just doing what their owner tells them to and they don't realize that it is wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.