Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What does everyone think about on stand? >

What does everyone think about on stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does everyone think about on stand?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I think a lot too. Good stuff and bad :x Past hunts, memories, worries about things I have to or should have gotten done lol. But to be honest I text a lot from the stand. I like taking pics of deer that come in and send em to my buddies. Then when it gets about half hour before sunset I focus in a little more cuz as we all know, thats showtime
Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Spike

sex sex sex sex sex
Old 11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

i have tendency to "talk" to the deer in my head if there out in the field im hunting over. sometimes ill ask smaller bucks to go find there dad for me, or for a doe to go bring a buck in for me LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

What!!!..............No one thinks about women.........lol. I usually hit all the open spots with the range finder and sometimes I'll take a short nap if nothing is moving.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

I occupy my mind memorizing, word for word, great outdoor stories for story telling around a campfire!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
byg
Spike

I kinda do the scenerio of how they will come in etc.....But I think alot about "how many deer see my movements and just sneek on by never to be seen" or "dam, that tree looks better"
Then I tell myself "gotta be confident in your set up" LOL.....
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

When I first get on stand I wonder how many I spooked coming in after hearing them scamper around in the heavy cover. Then I check all my gear my bow and hook up while I listen for movement before the light comes on. Once my pins light up I stand for the first hour or so scaning the area for movement,if nothing is going on I take a seat and delight in the glorious sunrise I just witnessed.The woods come alive with sounds,sights,smells and movement and I think what an awesome creation put on display for us to enjoy. The smell of bacon or sausage cooking,fireplaces burning good hardwoods it is a party for my senses,I hunt in a semi rural area. I offer up a prayer of thanksgiving to GOD and then I wait with vissions of success on my mind of a harvested deer and good eats later during Thanksgiving when the hunters in the Family bring the fruits of our labors.The only negative thing that creeps into my mind is when I think about the ending of the day,I really could stay all night at times. Great question,thanks for asking.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Or how to end deer hunting in America

Just get the computer nerd, the cell phone fanatic, the texting freak, the twitter affectionato, the face book lover, the forum addictive, to sit quietly and silently in a tree stand, for three hours, and you'll drive them stark, raving, mad.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

i sleep, then i take a piss trying to hit the 3rd rung on my ladder stand, try to hit the tree 10 feet from me with the flem ive been hacking up for 20 minutes, then i shoot the squirrels.......hmmm i wonder why i haven't seen anything yet this season
Old 11-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

“How many deer saw me come in? I know they ALL heard me!”
“Why do I always hear deer BEFORE shooting light??”
“It’s been light for an hour and no deer. I need to move.”
“Ooooo! I hear a deer. Nope, just another squirrel.”
“Are they watching me? Do they know I’m here?”
“My back hurts.”
“I’m not going to bother raising my gun. That’s just another squirrel. Oh crap! It was a deer!”
“Do I really have to pee? AGAIN????”
“I could reach out and touch that squirrel/rabbit/bird/other-critter-I-do-not-want-to-shoot; it has no idea I’m here.”
“I am frickin’ tired. I need some caffeine. That doesn’t make me pee.”
“Deer do not exist. Anywhere.”
“I’m horny.”
“If it’s brown, it’s down.”
“Where is my POA at 10 feet? Nah, my .50 cal would obliterate that squirrel. Not in habit of eating squirrel feet.”
“Screw this. I’m going still hunting.”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.