Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut Getting Messed UP?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Rut Getting Messed UP?

Just when things were geting ramped up here in Indiana the temps are headed near 80 for a couple of days. Will this shut the rutting activity down or will they continue to kick into high gear regardless of the heat?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Spike

im not shore but here in maryland the rut was starting to pick up then it got warm agian and windy none of the deer i seen today responded to a grunt or estrus bleet and dont know why
Old 11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

slow day here no deer and hot
Old 11-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

From what I've been told is the rut can still go on .The only thing is it will go on mostly at night when it's cooler .
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Typical Buck

Good question sir. I was wondering the same thing!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by allflockedup
im not shore but here in maryland the rut was starting to pick up then it got warm agian and windy none of the deer i seen today responded to a grunt or estrus bleet and dont know why
Allflockedup,

Where in MD are you from? I live in the White Marsh area and do most of my deer hunting in Clarskville, Dayton, and Potomac area.

I was out all day yesterday and I didnt see anything until about 5:20 when a basket 8 and a doe came down the creek. The doe was actually trailing the buck. Last week I saw some chasing and on Friday my dad took a big 10pt that was bedded with a doe for 45 mins. He wouldnt leave her side so I am thinking they have not yet come into estrus. I think it will kick of in MD next week.

Unfortunately the only other day off that I saved was for Monday wich is opening day for the second goose season.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

The rut will go on. It will just be in the cooler hours; night, early morning and late evening. The rut will definitely go on though.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the responses guys I'm encouraged it will be a good hunt this weekend the weather is going to change.Good Hunting!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

if any thing the second rut will be better or go longer. (hopefully into the WI Gun Season)
Old 11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I killed a big 160" buck a couple days ago when it was 70 degrees. He chased a doe right to me and came in to a couple grunts. He was out at 2:30 in the afternoon, too. I shot him at 4:45.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.