Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MO/ARK hunters

Old 11-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default MO/ARK hunters

How are the deer moving in your areas? im making the trip to the MO/ARK line and will be rifle hunting my buddys grandpas land this weekend. just wondering how the movement is. I havent had a whole lot of luck with archery yet so im making the drive to get the rifle out. any input is appreciated
Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

The bucks are stupid. They are chasing all day. I live about 9 miles from ark. line and hunt even closer. There are a ton of acorns so the deer are definitly in the woods. We are seeing bucks chasing does in the middle of the day when its 75 degrees out. I would say it will be an all day hunt. Hope this helps. Jeff
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Spike

Im in south central ar. It was pretty slow up till last week. Started seeing quite a few bucks chasing and the amount of sign has picked up. Rifle season is gonna hit about perfect this year imo. Acorn crop was ok alot of acorns but half were rotten when they fell. Ive seen more good bucks in the last 5 days than i have in the last month. Hopes are high for this weekend.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

sounds promising thanks guys
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

where at on MO/ARK line? I am about 15 miles from the line... Anyways about the deer lol... I've been bow hunten and I've seen some small buck's chasen does hopefully by gun season(this weekend) ol' mossy horn will be chasen around my stand
Old 11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

inbetween gainseville, mo and mountain home, ark
Old 11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

We are seeing a lot more activity in general but the temps have finally gone down a bit. With the rain that is supposed to move through later in the week and the cooler temps for the weekend, I think it should be a real good weekend. Of course, deer camp is always good, but it is better with at least a few deer hanging. Good luck
Old 11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ks thats pretty awesome I'm fairly close to both of them
Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Spike

I know this is a bit late but anyway..... I am in SW MO. This was taken the first morning. The front cold came in over night Friday night and really stirred up the wildlife. More movement from deer if its 40-50 rather than 70+ degrees. It was an interesting morning. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...d-how-big.html We saw 10 deer from daylight to 10:00 am, and I think 5 were bucks. I was hunting on private, 500 acre family land. Only my dad and I hunt it, and not hard.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ex...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Good luck
Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

test............

Last edited by subadrew; 11-15-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.